10 | Beautiful Soul

Yuki was coming down with a cold, and Tohru was fretting about everything, as per usual. 

But Hikari guessed it was for a good reason, seeing as though she was currently staring blankly at a cow carrying Yuki back to Shigure's house. They were supposed to be running today, but Yuki took president. Especially to Hatsuharu, the Sohma possessed by the cow spirit. Hikari thought he was going to be the quieter of the Sohma bunch, until his alter ego came out and almost murdered Kyo. Not to say that the incident wasn't something Hikari found very entertaining, of course. 

-----

"Sorry about this Tohru, you may go back back to school. Yuki should be alright," Shigure explained as the group of Tohru, Hikari, Hatsuharu, Kyo, and the now bedridden Yuki gathered in Yuki's bedroom.

"Where's my apology you fossil?" Hikari mumbled under her breathe, rolling her eyes once she was ignored. 

"No! Me and Hikari will stay here and watch over him! School is important-" Tohru began.

"But keeping an eye out on a sick friend is also important." Hikari finished for her best friend. 

Hikari knew that Tohru was thinking about the pneumonia that killed her father, but Hikari couldn't get the image of her sickly, dying mother out of her head. She didn't like how Yuki's current began to remind her of that. 

"I see. I suppose I'll go pick up everyone's things from school, don't worry," Shigure assured before taking his leave. 

"Hikari, make Kyo call Hatori," He called before he stepped out of the room, Hikari rolling her eyes in response, once again. 

"Ill do it," Hatsuharu offered, walking out of the room even though he just transformed back from a cow. 

"Don't wander around naked, you weirdo!" Kyo yelled after the boy. 

Hikari watched as Tohru fretted, and Kyo fumed in embarrassment and anger. The brunette just sighed before she shook her head. 

"God, the Sohma's are just so... Weird," She mumbled to herself.

After reassurances from Tohru that she could watch over Yuki just fine on her own, Hikari retreated into her room. Well, the one she shared with Tohru. 

However, she couldn't help but listen in to why Hatsuharu hated Yuki when they were younger. Hikari pondered that if they could hate each other because of specific details from the curse, than wouldn't they definitely hate the god for assembling all of them in the first place? Assuming her theory was right, Hikari already had multiple reasons to hate the god. 

-----

After the situation with Yuki had died down, Hikari got to learn that Hatsuharu was actually a pretty cool person, unintentionally fun was the phrase she would use. From what she learned and heard about him from Momiji, she could tell he was probably just as broken as the rest of them. 

Sometimes it surprised Hikari that she didn't know as much about Momiji as she did Kyo or Yuki or now even Hatsuharu. In a weird way, she almost didn't want to because of how different he felt to her. Hikari feared finding out what could have possibly happened to him, seeing as though how beautiful she could see his soul was. 

However, one day she would. Just like she could sympathize with Yuki, Kyo, and Haru, she would most definitely sympathize for him, no matter what. 

-----

ayyy its short but IM BACK WOOO

took a short break to gain some more inspo and stuff but yes! i am back to updating, just probably not as quick as i used to lmao

anyways, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 700 READS, THATS INSANE!!!! as well as over 40 votes- YALL ARE INSANE <33333

see ya on the next one :)))