9| I'm Not Going Anywhere, Momiji

Hikari wouldn't be going with Tohru to her family's place for new years, seeing as though they were currently in Hawaii. So the plan was to stay at Shigure's place, which Hikari was more than fine with. 

Apparently Yuki and Kyo were refusing to go, partly because Tohru and her would be alone for a bit. No matter how much they were assured, they refused to go home. After what Hikari heard of Akito, she had a small understanding of why. 

In the end, with some more wise words from Tohru, they decided to go. 

-----

Hikari went straight to bed after Kyo, Yuki and Shigure left. She figured that Tohru needed some time alone with her grief, to spill a few tears. 

Hikari needed to be alone with hers, as well. It was selfish, she knew. She was the one that was supposed to wipe Tohru's tears away, but it would be too much to wipe two sets away. Hikari missed her own mom, even if this wasn't her first new years without her by any means, but it was their favorite holiday when they were still together. Later on a heavy sense of relief would bubble up when she found out that Yuki and Kyo came back for Tohru. So at least she wouldn't be alone in the end.  

She fell asleep to the sound of the downstairs T.V, and with silent drops of nostalgia running down her face.

-----

It was maybe 3am, maybe 4, but all Hikari knew was that she was being shook awake by Momiji Sohma, something she definitely didn't expect to happen.

"Come on, Kari! We can't miss the sunrise!" He pleaded, just as the object of his affection fully awoke.   

"Wha...?" She mumbled, rubbing her eyes as she sat up in her and Tohru's shared bed. Which Tohru wasn't in, mind you.

"Come on!" He pleaded once again, yanking her arm.

"Momiji...? Why are you-" 

"The sunrise, come on!" 

"I don't usually-" Hikari started to explain that she didn't usually partake in the watching of the first sunrise, but was interrupted.

"I know, Tohru told me." He said softly looking into her eyes. "But come on, just me and you. It'll be fun!" Momiji held his hand out for her.

Hikari didn't hesitate before taking his hand, and that terrified her to no end.

Momiji threw her winter jacket at her, and just like that, the two were hand in hand going who knows where.

"Where are we going, Momiji?" Hikari asked as their pace slowed in the woods outside Shigure's house. Hikari recognized this place as close to where her and Tohru's tent used to be.

Then she remembered.

"Wait!" Hikari yanked her hand away on instinct. "Aren't you supposed to be at the Sohma estate?" 

Momiji giggled before grabbing her hand again.

"Yep, but I snuck out! Don't worry, Haru is covering for me." And like that, they were off once again.

Hikari decided not to question who 'Haru' was, figuring that she would meet him soon enough, anyways.

"You're going to be the death of me, Momiji Sohma..." Hikari laughed.

All Momiji did was give her a grin in response. 

"Close your eyes, Kari!" He said after a moment.

"Huh?" 

"Just do it!"

"Fine!"

-----

When Momiji gave her the signal to uncover her eyes, the sight she was greeted with was better than any other she had ever seen. The sun was rising gorgeously over the city, and Momiji and Hikari were stood on a cliff that had the best view one could be greeted with.

"Do you like it?" Momiji asked, his voice soft and concerned. Like he actually thought she wouldn't like this gorgeous place.

"I...I love it, Momiji. I don't even wanna know how you found it." She smiled back at him.

Then for a split second, Hikari was engulfed in a wave of warmth, one she recognized as a hug. It wasn't like any other hug, this one was different. Hikari swore she could have cried with how desperately he was holding onto her for that one second, like he was petrified that she would disappear.  

Then with a cloud of smoke, a rabbit was holding onto her, and her tears started to fall. 

Hikari was crying because she wanted nothing more that for him to realize that no matter what, she wouldn't let go. She was crying because of how much she wanted to hug him with as much force as he hugged her, but would never get the chance.

"I'm not going anywhere, Momiji." Hikari stated firmly.

She felt his small head nod into the crook of her neck, and Hikari also felt his tears.

Until the sun was high in the sky, the pair sat and cried for each other and for themselves. 

At this point, one of the only things Hikari did know was that she wouldn't give this up no matter what. 

It was selfish, Momiji deserved more. But she just couldn't let go.

-----

hello!!!

just wanted to say that updates from now on will be sparc, as Im going to try focusing on some original projects that mean a lot to me

This of course doesn't mean I'm abandoning this story, whatsoever, just that it will not be my main focus at the moment 

i hope you gusy can understand :)))

also thank you for all the votes, you all are wonderfull!!!!

make sure to follow so you can keep track of any other of my projects, if you would like!

byeeee