11 | Anything And Everything

The day was Friday, February 13th. Needless to say, school was a mix of unpredictability and feelings, Hikari Hayami's two least favorite things. 

The day had already started to get chaotic almost as soon as it began, with Kyo almost running out of his homeroom classroom, and Tohru so obviously fretting over him. While Hikari didn't have too many classes with Tohru, Arisa, Saki etc., she did have homeroom with them. Most of the time, this was a good thing. Hikari's social battery could only handle so many people, but today she wished she didn't happen share the same class, especially when the teasing began. 

It all started when Hikari walked over to her desk as she did everyday, only for confusion to strike her when she saw a hefty amount of chocolates piled up. 

"Woah! I didn't know you had that many admirers, Kari!" Tohru echoed her own thoughts, too loud unfortunately, as it drew in Kyo and Arisa.

"Wow, Kari, I didn't know you were such a player," The blonde of the pair teased, causing Hikari's face to redden even more than before. 

"I-" Hikari stumbled, she wasn't used to such teasing. 

"I mean seriously, what will Momiji think about this-" Kyo began to tease. 

Hikari balled her hands into fists and furrowed her brows. 

"As if you have any room to talk, Ginger! How many girls have come up to you today, huh?"

Arisa snickered at the redheads now flustered face. Tohru began to stare nervously at the interaction. 

"Well... I- Never mind!" The boy retorted to no avail. 

Hikari rolled her eyes at him. 

Valentines Day (or a least the day before) was just as bothersome as it had always been, even more so with the arrival of the Sohmas in Hikari's life.  

-----

The rest of the day Hikari spent giggling at Kyo's torture at the hands of Kagura, and thankfully getting out of the whole double date thing that would take place on the day of love itself. 

However, the next day was what she didn't expect. 

It was about 3:00 am, Hikari, like most people, was currently passed out in the bed she and Tohru shared. 

And for the second time in her life, she was being woken up by Momiji Sohma in the far too early hours of the morning. 

"Momiji... Why are you like this...?" She mumbled upon seeing his gorgeous face. 

All he did was smile down at her with his bright smile and warm eyes, neither darkened by the lack of light in the room. 

"C'mon Hikari! It's Valentines Day! You have to watch the sun rise with me." He paused, his expression turning into a closed eyed smile. "And I promise I won't ruin it by hugging you this time!" He exclaimed. 

Ruin it? Hikari sighed at the boy. Nothing could be ruined when he was apart of it. 

"Just hand me my jacket, blondie..." 

-----

The hidden cliff spot was just as pretty as Hikari remembered it being. Thankfully, the pair got there a maybe a half hour before the sun actually started to rise, so they had time. 

Hikari was still busy staring at the dark view of the city when she noticed Momiji grip her hand. 

She gazed at him while his eyes lingered across the city view, her mind running a mile a minute. 

"Can I ask you something, Momiji?" Hikari tilted her head at him. "Well apart from that," 

His smile just grew wider before he lead her over to a pair of trees they could sit in front of. 

"Anything and everything," Momiji giggled. 

Hikari tore her blue eyes away from him and towards the dark, but lightening sky. Who knew asking a question she had in her mind since learning of Hatori's past would be so hard. 

"Why..." She mumbled, nervous. Momiji gripped her hand, his smile giving her the confidence to continue. "Do you guys, the zodiac I mean... Blame the god for what happens to you? I know Tohru probably hasn't thought about it much, but with the way you talked about Akito's involvement in Hatori's past, I figured he was the god so I just wondered where you guys stand when it comes to him... Oh and, you don't have to... Tell me if you don't want to! I don't mean to pry, and I-"

"Hikari, it's fine." Hikari finally looked down to see Momiji gazing at her with a soft look of adoration and sadness, a combo Hikari found hard to decipher the meaning of. 

"You're very smart for catching on to Akito, but please don't tell Tohru about it-" 

"Of course! Oh, uh, sorry continue..." Hikari exclaimed almost immediately. 

Momiji just giggled at her before resuming his place in answering the brunette in front of him. 

"Our relationship with Akito is... Complicated. We are bound to him by the curse, so it's very hard to hate him for us, although I know a few of us who do..." 

Hikai didn't even want to ponder to know what Akito had put those few through, so she just squeezed Momiji's hand once more. 

"Me personally? He hasn't done much to me... But I'm close with many that... Many that have been hurt by him. But yes, at the moment I would say I'm more neutral, as much as my curse lets me be, of course." Momiji finished before nervously looking into Hikari's eyes. 

The girl in question gave him the most genuine smile he had ever seen come from someone before, so genuine he wanted to cry. But he promised her he wouldn't ruin this particular viewing of the sun rise like he did the last time they spent time together here.

"I understand, Momiji." Hikari said as he took in his words. "But even if Akito hasn't hurt you, I know other people, and other things, have. O-one day I hope you'll tell me... So we can work through everything together... Like a- like a-" 

Momiji giggled. 

"Like a team!" He exclaimed. 

"Y-yes! Exactly," Hikari agreed, glad her companion found the right words. 

In a matter of seconds, Momiji now had his head laying in Hikari's lap. Hikari almost exploded before she managed to get herself together. It didn't take her too long to start running her fingers through the blonde's hair.

"I know you've been hurt, too, Hikari," He mumbled into her touch. 

Hikari froze, Momiji's brown eyes staring into her soul. 

"But we'll work through everything together! Like a-" 

"Like a team..." Hikari finished for him, resuming running her fingers threw his hair. 

"Exactly..." The word sounded so formal coming from his accent, but she understood the meaning of it none the less. 

As Momiji drifted off to sleep in her arms, Hikari couldn't help but wonder what he would think of her when he learnt of her past, and vice versa. 

But nonetheless,  they were a team now. 

-----

TYSM FOR 1K READS WOOO

bit of a longer-ish chapter to celebrate!!!! 

you guys are awesome and i hope you have a fantastic dayyy!

see ya later!!