14 | Hand In Hand

HIkari had officially decided that Ayame Sohma was... A character, that was for sure. While she didn't necessarily hate the guy, she understood how Yuki could. Then she learned that he had climbed into Tohru's clothes to seek warmth, so she then started hating him. 

"How... Disgusting..." Hikari mumbled when the man himself told about the incident. 

"Tell me about it..." Yuki sighed. 

Hikari then decided to excuse herself to her and Tohru's shared bedroom whilst Ayame and Shigure had their... Moment. 

"Wait one moment!" Ayame exclaimed, causing Hikari to look back at him. 

"We simply must make ourselves acquainted! Momiji has spoken so highly of you afterall, Ms.Hayami." 

Hikari blushed, even more so when Kyo and Shigure snickered at her embarrassment. 

"Is that so..." 

Ayame's grin grew wider as he moved to hold her hands in his. "Oh yes! He stopped by my place of work the other day and he was positively gushing about you!" 

Hikari shrinked more into herself with every word he said. She doubted Momiji expected Ayame to tell her about this incident. 

"That's enough Aya." Shigure interrupted. 

Ayame merely blinked. "Ah yes of course, Tohru, dear,  I wish for you to take me out to lunch!" 

As bad as she felt for ditching Tohru, Hikari finally excused herself to her bedroom. (Not before kicking the snickering Ginger of course.) 

---

The next day at school, Hikari, Tohru, Hatsuharu and Momiji were all sat on the outdoor starway discussing Ayame. 

"I haven't seen Ayame since New Years. He lives on the outside too." Momiji explained to Tohru.

Hikari listened closely while sweeping. She had always thought it odd how members of the Sohma family referred to the Sohma compound. They would almost never mention it by name and when referring to the world around the compound, they would call it things like "the outside world" or  "the outside". It was like the compound was just a cage some are lucky enough to be free from. 

"Oh he does?" Tohru asked.

"Mhm!" Momiji nodded. "I visited him just the other day!" 

Hikari blushed at the mention of his visit. Thankfully Tohru got the memo that their knowledge of the visit was to be left unsaid. 

After being the only one to realize just what kind of store Ayame ran (Hikari could never look at him ever again), the school day was over. 

---

A few days after Ayame ended his visit, Hikari got the opportunity to hang out with Momiji again. 

"I have something I would like you to hear, Kari." He exclaimed as they walked to his house on the way back from school, hand in hand. 

"Is that so?" Truthfully, Hikari was nervous about going to his house for the first time, but all of her anxieties melted away when Momiji beamed at her. 

His house on the compound was quaint but beautiful, with a glass sliding door in his bedroom that gave a view of a plentiful garden. 

"Okay! Take a seat, my lady." He playfully guided her to a seat on the floor facing the glass door. 

Hikari giggled. "I eagerly await whatever it is you're about to show me." 

Momiji gave her another heartwrenching smile. "Wait one moment, I need to fetch something quickly." 

Hikari was stunned when he came back with what looked like a violin case. 

"I wish to play you a song! If you'll let me of course." Momiji winked at her. 

Hikari grinned. "By all means, please do." 

To be honest, Hikari didn't expect his playing to be as beautiful as it was. Every note struck a cord with her, and she wasn't too sure if that was because of his playing or if it was just because he was the one playing the notes. 

When he finished, Hikari didn't even realize she had tears in her eyes.

"Oh Hikari..." Momiji crouched to her level and wiped her tears.

"I-I'm sorry it's just... You played so wonderfully." She smiled. 

Momiji blinked before sending a smile straight back. 

There they sat for who knows how long hand in hand, enjoying no other company but each others. 

------

it's been a while and it's short but hey :p 

anyways im so so thankful to anyone and everyone who has read and nteracted with this story, it means the world :)