8 | I'm Glad I Met All Of You

Hikari was the one who picked up the phone when Hatori called. 

That was currently why Tohru and her were standing outside the Sohma estate, baffled by what lay before them. That, of course, being one of the biggest, as well as gorgeous, pieces of architecture Hikari had ever seen. Other than her own family estate of course.

"Kari, you're here! And Tohru, too!" An all too familiar voice called out from atop the estate wall. 

Tohru looked like she was about to jump out of her skin in fright, but Hikari just felt that familiar fast pace her heart went, just like at the festival.

The gates of the estate opened, and Momiji grabbed Hikari's hand, pulling her towards wherever Hatori was, she imagined. Tohru followed behind suite, her and Momiji making conversation about various things, like what was to come. 

All Hikari could focus on was how warm the blondes hand was. 

-----

Finally, they had made it to Hatori's place, Tohru almost collapsing from how nervous she was.

Tohru and Hikari were sitting with Momiji, conversing with the standing Hatori. 

"H-Hatori, did you have to take time off from the clinic for us?" Tohru asked, nervousness present in her voice once again.

"No, besides everyone is super busy today!" Momiji answered for him.

He hadn't let go of Hikari's hand, and the two of them were sitting opposite of Tohru. Hikari's heart felt like it would leap out of her chest, but she was afraid it would leap right into Momiji's hands. She just desperately hoped it couldn't show on her face. 

As Momiji explained the Sohma family estate to Tohru, (something Yuki ha already explained to her), Hikari was deep in thought. WHy was she feeling like this? That happened to be one of the first questions in her mind. Maybe she's just embarrassed? Yeah that had to be it.

"However you two have unique cases, usually I would erase your memories right away." hatori started, making Hikari adopt a scowl on her face. "But Akito didn't order me too, and even permitted you guys to live among us."

The air was tense, that was for sure.

"Do you have fun at Shigure's house?" Hator asked, slicing through the air.

"Yes, very much!" Tohry bounced back, Hikari just nodding.

"Then I recommend you move out." Hatori said firmly, coldy too.

Hikari felt Momii squeeze her hand three times. 

"Stay away from the Sohmas from now on." Hatori rephrased. 

Hikari found herself laughing bitterly at this. "I'm sorry Hatori, as much as I respect you, we can't do that."  

"It's not anything about you, It's just our possessed family isn't all fun and games like you think it is. We're loathsome, monstrous, among other things." Hatori added.

"You're wrong." Hikari found herself saying almost immediately. "You can speak for yourself all you want, I don't give a damn. But leave them out of it."

Yuki, Kyo, and especially Momiji.

Hatori sighed. 

"I'll be right back." With that he left the room. 

Momiji explained Hatori's curse, what happened to his beautiful girlfriend Kana, and what Akito did. Hikari felt anger course through her veins when she heard that no one blamed Akito, just the curse. 

"He just doesn't want anyone to end up like Kana..." Momiji mumbled, gripping Hikari's hand harder then she thought was possible.

Hikari almost didn't notice Tohru crying, crumpled on the floor. She definitely didn't notice the hot tears of anger rolling down her own face. 

"H-hey! I'm sorry... I didn't mean for you two to cry..." Momiji wiped the tears off of Hikari's face.  

"It's fine really..." Tohru mumbled, wiping her own eyes. "Hatori is just so kind..." 

"I'm glad I meat all of you, I just..." Hikari has so much more to say. 

She wanted the cursed to be happy, she wanted them to see themselves how her and Tohru saw them. They were people, broken people, but people none the less. They deserved happiness, so much more than Hikari did, and yet she was better off than them. 

In retrospect Hatori was right. Tohru and Hikari really did think the Sohma family was all fun and games. That was until they found out about Kyo, what he went through. As well as Yuki's social problems. To any person with eyes, the Sohma's were pretty messed up.

"Thank you, even if I'm being used, I'm happy I get to have this life in the first place!"Tohru cried, and Hikari realized that was what she wanted to say. 

Thank you for giving me purpose to my life.

Hikari one day vowed to say that to everyone she loved. She would say it to Tohru first for obvious reasons. Then to Yuki, Kyo, Shigure and everyone else she would meet in this family. She would say it to Momiji, too. She had a feeling he would be the one she would want to say it to the most.

In a way, that scared her. No, it definitely scared her. But she would contemplate the threat to her life purpose later, when she wasn't crying on the floor with a boy she was falling for way too fast for her liking.  

"I'll never regret meeting any of you," Hikari started, and she saw the way Momiji flinched because of it. "You guys can think whatever you want about yourselves, but I really am happy to be involved with all of you. No matter what happens in the end."

"You're glad you met me?" Momiji said, almost too quietly for anyone to hear.

Hikari squeezed his hand, instantly having an answer. 

"Of course, and I always will be." Hikari smiled at him, getting lost in his warm, brown eyes. 

Eventually, Shigure showed up and started bickering with Hatori. Momiji said that the two of them were best friends. Hikari also found it funny that Hatori's zodiac was apparently something he was embarrassed of.

When it was time to leave, Hatori offered to walk Tohru and Hikari to the entrance of the estate, something the two greatly appreciated. Of course, Momii was pouting.

"No! It's too soon... You can't leave yet!" He tugged on Hikari's hands right before she was supposed to walk out the door.

"I promise I'll see you soon, Momiji." Hikari smiled at how clingy he was, her face red and heartbeat even more prominent than before. 

"Only if you promise! So, fine..." He turned his back to her, letting her leave.

-----

Of course, Tohru tripped. Then because she was Tohru, she fell into Hatori. Now Hikari was aware he was the dragon of the zodiac, and she was now aware of all the pain that he had to go through because of it. 

All Hikari could think of was just how much he deserved happiness. All of them did. 

She felt that same sense of anger again, the same one from earlier that was directed towards Akito.

-----

ayo??

hatori deserved better love that man 

neways

whatcha think

byeeee

gonna take a bit of a break, as ive ben pumping out chapters non-stop <3