Prologue

*pronouns will be she/her and MC is female in this AU*

Yuu wakes up on her dusty bed in Ramshackle just like the months before. She turns over and faces her adorable cat, Grim.
"I'm so glad I don't have to go to school today! Though I do still have to get breakfast," Yuu says, stretching out her arms and going to the closet to find her school uniform.
"Nyaah! Take that you overgrown cat!" Grim mumbles, swiping his cute paws into the air.
He's still dreaming of taking down Leona...it's so adorable! I can't! Oh! Cater started a live stream in Professor Crewel's class!
"Now, Deuce! Carefully add the dove feathers into the cauldron...great! Good boy! Now add the strand of hair from your loved one!" Professor Crewel, instructs relaxing a bit as Deuce hasn't messed it up yet.
"Welcome, students! I've come to observe you work!" Headmage Crowley, loudly exclaims landing behind Deuce, who accidentally bumps Ace causing him to put every dove feather in the cauldron. Along with Deuce dropping his love one's strand of hair in.
"Crowley!" Professor Crewel screams, slamming his whip onto the table.
The cauldron bubbles and a pink gas erupts, covering the entire classroom and traveling through every vent into other classrooms. Which then flows into the hallways and out the open windows.
"Aah! Oh my god, are they ok!" Yuu screams out, waking Grim up.
"Someone turn on the ventilation system!" Crewel cries, coughing due to the amount of pink gas.
The camera is nothing but a pink screen with shadows coming in front and hacking and coughing every so often.
"We don't have a ventilation system! We're too poor for that!" Crowley responds, opening up a window.
"Quit being cheapskate for once! We all could've died!" Crewel yells, inhaling more of the pink gas.
The pink gas flows out of the window and eventually the entire school airs out.
"Is everyone ok?" Crewel asks, still coughing his lungs up.
"We're good," The classroom groans, their throats sore from inhaling so too much gas.
"We're not going to be blamed for this right?" Deuce asks, knowing how Professor Crewel can be.
"No, you're not. Crowley get everyone outside so we can breathe fresh air," Crewel commands, glaring at Crowley who's still coughing up a storm. "Everyone outside to the flight fields!"
Everyone begins to walk outside and Cater's livestream ends.
"Come on, Grim! We're going to make sure they're ok!" Yuu says, running out of her dorm and to the main building, missing the huge cloud of pink gas above her flowing in the wind.