No child deserves a monster

A/N before we kick off this chapter lemme just say have thoroughly you comments ☺️ anywho happy reading folks !

••••••

The moment she drove past the welcoming sign into New Orleans, her slow beating heart gave a dull ache in nostalgia. The city she fled over a hundred years ago, was torn down, burnt to ashes, everything she worked for destroyed within a single night.

She found herself in a bar, Rosseuws it was called. The bar was nearly empty she supposed it would be after all it was only past 9am. But if she was made to deal with her siblings she needed a few drinks before then.

She drummed her fingers along the bar counter waiting for any employee to show up. When one did, she stared at a gorgeous blonde.

"Oh.. sorry I didn't hear you coming in" the woman apologized "Can I get you anything?"

Kára hummed "I've been told I have a very light step, and yes please a neat bourbon."

"A bit early for drinking isn't it?" Asked the girl but prepared the drink. Kara shot her an amused smile.

"It's five o clock somewhere Miss..." she trailed off

"Oh Camille O'Connell and you ? Haven't see you in town before."

Kára brought her bourbon to her lips "Well I just arrived.. today and I'm Kara Mikaelson a pleasure to meet you Camille."

Kara would have hoped to finish her drink in silence but it seems every barmen or woman made it their duty to dig deeper, to either offer advice or simply listen.

"What brings you to the big easy?" Kara finished her drink, before indicating for another.

"I used to live here" she replied "thank you" she accepted the drink.

"Oh when?" Asked Camille.

Kára chuckled softly "Mm.. it feels like a hundred years ago .." the truth of the statement evaded the human and Kara watched her head bob in understanding. Most likely due to the fact Camille believed it was such a long time ago.

"Oh I just moved here too, what brought you back?"

Kara licked her lips and finished her second glass, she dug out a few dollars for the drinks and service "Well, my dear siblings are here somewhere.. and I'm afraid they might get into in a bind you see.." she trailed off standing to her feet

"Sounds like a common occurrence.."

Kara smirked "Oh yes..quite. Thank you for the drink Camille, it's lovely to see the city back to it former splendor." She said ignoring the confused look on the young woman.

•••••••••••••

"Elijah you called me here and now I wish to know what it is that has brought you to do such a thing?" She stared at the two men across from her. Both Klaus and Elijah have her a look she couldn't quite decipher.

Klaus was more simple, he wore an amused smirk playing on his lips, his eyes twinkling with secrets, secrets she wasn't privy too. She hated that look, because it almost always involved conspiracies, tricks and subterfuge. 

"Our brother was lured here from mystic falls, he was told someone was conspiring to kill him. So naturally he followed the trail and it led him back to the home we built."

The dull look in Kara's eyes barely changed "Yes.. our brother does always seem to attract conspiracies of murder and trickery. It's nothing new Elijah. I've already had enough  to last me my immortal life. So if this is another one of those times do forgive me but he cannot be killed, nor can I or you. The white oak stakes are gone" she gazed at Klaus "and our dear younger brother saw to its destruction. So aside from those handy daggers and coffins he hauls around there's nothing for him to fear."

The Burdens We CarryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara