I am cursed..

Klaus searched the quarter but found no sign of his sister, he found himself across the River, a place she frequented when she needed to be by herself all those years ago.

He only hoped he wouldn't find what Rebekah feared. The roads were quiet, one or two places were still open. The herb store and a dive bar.
He ignored the herb store and made his way to the bar.

The door was off its hanging loosely off its hinges, dark and dreary, the smell of fresh blood lingered in the air. He stepped in only to step on a corpse at his feet. The overhead lights lit the bar dimly, she could've only disappeared for a few hours but the dead patrons was clear sign of Kara had been through the place. Not a single woman insight , it was only men as far as the eye could see, some bitten into , a few had the necks twisted awkwardly. The man at his feet seemed like he was trying to run away when a hand ripped through his back. His gaze settled onto the bar. A lone figure sat there drenched in her victims blood.

"You've been busy" he commented

"I have no patience to deal with you Klaus , if you've come here to chastise me for my actions. Spare me the lecture we both know the only one who lectures properly is daggered somewhere in a box you placed him in" the empty voice , devoid of any emotion, any blame or accusation. It was just like that time.

"I admit, my actions were rash but we needed to give Marcel peace of mind if we are to take back our home. I did this for us sister"

Kára brought the bottle to her lips "Do you know as far as I can remember I never had Mikael say anything good to me, he never offered praise.. he's never congratulated me.. instead he took me into the dark woods after dinner and taught me a lesson." She chuckled emptily "very valuable lessons.. you believed you had seen the worse of his ire but I beg to differ brother.."

Klaus grit his teeth "Tell me"

Kara stared at the mirror opposite her, the mirror was cracked and splattered with blood "He always knew I was never his, he had an inkling mother had been unfaithful.. unfortunately for me instead of confronting her , he used me as reliever of his stress, you would receive a few whips, smacks , insults.. but each evening after dinner he'd take me to a place where none could hear my screams. His leather whip tipped with silver, dug into my back until I could no longer scream or beg for help.. and then he'd tell me.. tell me that I was an abomination, a mistake , the gods could never have gifted him such a child— a daughter after his first was taken by plague.. no they could not. I was his largest embarrassment and biggest failure.

Perhaps the only good thing mother ever did was not declare my parentage, perhaps it wasn't even truly for my sake but for her own. Mikael had already witnessed one son of his turn into the very creature he despised." Her gaze went to Klaus "that evening .. I went to search for help from a man.. a man that would find me by the boundary littered with scars before leading me back home..when I was ten I found out the truth of mother infidelity and that I had a father — "

Klaus wiped his tears "why didn't you tell me.. why not tell us?"

"You never noticed both you and Elijah were enamored with Tatiana , Rebekah was trying to be the perfect daughter and Kol was immersed in his craft."

"What of Heinrik."

Kara finished the last gulp of liquor "Heinrik noticed everything, every morning he would wait for me, he would sneak me away when Mikael and Esther weren't looking, he'd find her herbs and try to stave of the pain, staunch the bleeding.. as he'd clean my wounds he cried, every single day, he cried and promised that when he was stronger he would take me away, he would make sure I never suffered a single thing again" she reached behind the bar and stood to her feet and doused alcohol over the bodies