The past comes back to bite you I

St Anne's church

"Thank you all for coming It means more than I can tell you. We gather today for the first public service of our newly reopened church. St. Anne's can finally once again be the heart of our community, where we can congregate as a people united. Here, this hour, we come together to praise God and give thanks. The events that took place at our church were tragic."

Kara half listened and half watched the devoted attendees, beside her was Niklaus and his ever present shadow in the form of Marcel.

"Problem sister?"

Kara rolled her eyes in exasperation"Yes dear brother, I'm wondering why've you dragged me to church. Im hardly a devoted Christian.. or anything for that matter."

Klaus chuckled dryly but stopped when he noticed the disdain on his sisters features "well let's pay attention shall we, we're supposed to look like devoted parishioners.."

Kara sneered "Yes, yet Marcellus seems to be zoning out, how about you out the fear in god into him for me? That way I won't have to deal with his piss poor excuse for vampires" she snarked, once father Kieran finished his sermon, she dutifully stood to her feet along with the rest, when someone knocked into her and she helped
woman steady herself.

"Apologies" she said the old woman offered her a smile and walked off. Kara stared at her disappearing back for a short moment before stepping up to thank father Kieran for the service.

"Lovely service, I believe it might to my brother some good to devote his time to your good lord. Perhaps he'll become less obnoxious."

"I didn't expect to see any of you this morning" father Kieran said ignoring the jab at Klaus.

"Yes well it seems my brother believes I need a guiding hand, speaking of a guiding hand.." she trailed off "have you heard anything about our Haitian invasion?"

"My guys have been keeping their ear to the ground but haven't heard anything about whatever his name is " Kieran admitted.

Marcel spoke up "It's Papa Tunde and you might want to keep your ear lower because he's absorbed every soul in the garden."

Kara watched the interaction with a smirk when Camille appeared and offered Kara a kiss to her cheek , a smile to Marcel and a frown directed at Klaus.

Kara shook her head "Well since this mornings been a complete waste of my time , I believe I have more pressing matters to tend to. Enjoy the rest of your day and may god bless you all." She said sarcastically as she left the church.

"Your sister doesn't seem like she likes church" Camille commented.

Klaus offered a false smile knowing very well his sisters dislike for religion  "Yes god has always been absent when we need him the most.."

•••••••••••••••

Mikaelson compound

Kara sighed, the glass of scotch almost shining in her hand, the quarter was filled with danger now, the harvest was completed and yet they were only so much closer in finding closer the rest of the witches.

"It's a bit too early for scotch sister." Kara offered her sister a half smile, but stared at the glass of scotch.

"They managed to enter our home not once but twice, I thought having Hayley stay here would be safe, the witch or warlocks are strong enough to bypass Claire's boundary spells and I can't very well put her under a containment spell."