A closer walk with thee

St Anne's

The citizens of New Orleans preparing for the funeral of father Kieran but Kara arrives late and by the time she reached the casket, everyone else at the service is already seated in the pews. She greeted Cami and gives her a kiss on the cheek before going to give her respects to Father Kieran. However, when she opens the casket, Father Kieran is gone, and in his place is a baby. The baby cooed at her still shocked she smiled back

"Hello darling"

Kara reached down to pick the baby up, but before she could, a squishing noise is heard, and blood pours from her ' mouth. She stared at her chest as the stake protrudes through it, the familiar etchings of the indestructible white oak stake. When kara turned around, Mikael is standing there, grinning. He grabs kara in a choke-hold

Miakael sneered at her " Greetings, abomination"

~~~~~~~~

Kara shot up in bed with a start, blinking back, the dream, was much more vivid than her usual dreams of her psychotic step father . When she realized she was in the compound, in her bedroom, she laid back on the bed once again. She clutched her chest, even if it was dream she swore she could feel the white oak stake penetrating her chest.

••••••••••

ROUSSEAU'S

Kara ignored the sounds around her focusing solely on the bottle of brandy before her, she poured another glass before downing it in one go. She ignored Klaus and Elijah settling down at the table and started pouring herself another drink.

"Seems rather uncivilized to laugh and dance around the death of loved one" Klaus mumbled looking around at the patrons in the pub.

Kara chuckled dryly a bit drunkenly "And I suppose your process of grief is healthier brother?" She asked with a smile reaching for the bottle but Klaus took it away and stared at his sister.

"I think denial, rage and hoarding coffins is as normal as one can get" he paused "now why are you drinking like a fish?"

Kara ignored him and grabbed the bottle from his hands and poured another glass "Don't take my brandy, go find your own" she muttered disgruntled.

Hayley walked by and took a seat beside Kara who didn't even acknowledge her too busy staring absently at the bottle before her. She was about to ask but Klaus stared at his sister .

"Our sister is in a spectacularly bad mood today" he said for Hayley's benefit.

Hayley looked to her girlfriend? Coparent ? There wasn't exactly a label to their relationship yet she still expected to get some acknowledgment instead she was forced to compete with a bottle of brandy, she moved the bottle from Kara's vision.

"Hi, oh no I'm fine thank you for asking." She muttered sarcastically.

Kara stared at her for a while before planting a sloppy kiss to her lips "Hello love, you look absolutely gorgeous.. but do you mind handing me back my drink?"

Hayley flushed at the public display of affection, and ignored Klaus's snickers while Elijah looked politely away. "No.. I'm supposed to ask you about these moonlight rings.. but that can wait. What's wrong? You usually don't drink this heavily unless somethings bothering you."