chapter 17

WIN :
I got ready for tonight. I am worried this maybe be last time I would see the love of my life. When Bright came back I hugged him tight. I don't wanna leave his side for a sec and I think he realized that cause he stuck to me very patiently. When we reached grandpa's mansion. It's huge but Old.it feels like one of those medieval ages place. When the car stopped my heart beat rose up and my hands started sweating. Bright got out first. He opened my door and held out his hand for me . I smiled at his gesture. I was reluctant to give my sweaty hand but I did. I waited to see if he would show any signs of disgust but he didn't, just a tint of worry in his eyes. We entered. And this place as luxurious as it was from outside. Huge chandelier in the middle of the hall. Stairs going up as if I am on a set of someone medieval drama. The chauffeur welcomed us in.
Bright didn't leave my hand. I took a deep breathe in and went to the dinning table and grandpa was already sitting at the end of it. I bowed and greeted him he glared at me and nodded. Bright took a chair out for me and signaled me to sit down. He took seat next to me. They served dinner. Grandpa started and we started eating as well. Grandpa is still glaring at me so bright decided to interrupt.
You should stop that.. He said in fierce tone.
He huffed but He stopped glaring. We finished in silence. When the dessert was served I have no clue what it is but it was the tastiest thing I ever had.
Well then grandpa asked us to follow him to the library. It was huge much more bigger than the Library in beauty and the beast. Full of old books scrolls, dark wooden tables. I can't believe its so beautiful. To make it better I saw a slight smile on brights face.
Grandpa came back with a scroll. He opened it. It had an old drawing of our pendents.
PENDENT OF SOULS
It was written in bold on the top.
The pendent you have was made by our ancestors in 7th century. It's said one of the ancestors named Zhang had a wife who passed away at very young age. He couldn't bear parting from her. One day he decided to take his own life by jumping of the cliff. When a shaman stopped him and gifted him a jade that would take him to his soulmate to another world, where he is required and he can live there happily but on a condition if they both get marked by the jade himself then they are meant to be together but the jade never marked them as the result Zhang had to come back just after living with his wife for few years but the jade brought him Fortune to live a happy life and was passed to next generation and still lives with our family.
And no one has ever been marked by this jade. No one ever went and lived with their soulmates.
It's a myth but does bring a lot of goodluck. That's why I say you stole it.
Grandpa said to my face glaring at me.
I am sorry grandpa I am telling you. You gave it to me but from my world and I am not from here. I assure you I would never steal it. I gave it to you back.
Grandpa looked at me in surprise. He took the pendent.
How did you come here??
I just woke up here one morning.
Then he started looking for the other scroll and got one that explained the working of it.
The pendent will go through different stages and finally turn red if the love is pure and mutual. Then it will leave a mark that will change the thread of fates to bring them together. Instead of them being connected to their soulmates into their universe a new connections will be formed and will be stronger than any connection formed. But no one has ever seen that mark.
It didn't happen it's just a theory.
Grandpa told us everything. I smiled at the realization that we were the first one to be marked. I turned to Bright who looked at me carefully. I smiled at he smiled back slightly.
So if we get marked I can stay with him forever??
Yes forever in every life.
I can have him with me everywhere. Bright held my hand and squeezed lightly. Grandpa gave me the scroll and left. I pulled bright into the nearest washroom and hastily removed his shirt. He looked at me with a dirty smirk. I just blushed then I looked at the mark. It's a perfectly formed half heart. I smiled at the thought. I asked him to turn around and he did as said still confused. I removed my shirt and its there the other half but mine is way darker.

I immediately put my shirt back on and then asked bright to dress up as well.. He did as said with a small pout.  I took the scroll and started reading about the mark.
It's said the color of the mark on others depicted the amount of love for the soulmate if you love him a lot it turns to darkest shades of brown if not its stays in lighter spectrum.
But his is lighter maybe I was not loving him with all my heart because I was scared. But now I am gonna love this man with my everything and forever.
Thank you so much for reading
Please vote and comment
Please keep reading.
Love you all.