34

Oliver

When I received that phone call I nearly collapsed to the ground. The only thing that was keeping me from falling apart was the fact that I didn't want to scare my son. Julian has been through enough and he was still coping with accidently seeing me bleeding and on bed rest. The last thing he needed was to see me fall to the ground. 

The EMT who used Theo's phone to call me told me that he was involved in a hit and run. Thankfully the car was hit on the opposite side so Theo wasn't hit directly. He was unconcise but otherwise stable. 

But until I saw him with my own eyes there was no way I was going to believe them. I washed my face and I did the same to Julian. I called Levi and told him what happened. He and Ben agreed to take Julian for the night ad they tried to urge me to relax since I was still healing. 

When they came to get Julian for his sleep over, I hugged my son with all of my might. If the worst happened and Theo was gone, I knew in my heart that I will take this little boy and continue to raise him as my own. No one is taking me from him and if Lewis even thought of trying I knew that I could black mail him into leaving us alone since he cares so much about his reputation. 

I didn't want to drive so I called a car service. The drive felt like it had taken years and I was holding my breathe. The twins were becoming more active and my back started to hurt but I put that pain in the back of my mind. I needed to get to Theo. I needed to see that the love of my life was okay. 

After arriving to the hospital I walked up to the reception desk to try and get any information I could on Theo. It was difficult to drown out the nosy waiting area and it felt like my brain was fogging up. The nurse looked at me and she was more than helpful. 

Room 2319 on the second floor. I was happy because that meant he wasn't in the critical care unit. He was in the regular admission area. 

The pain in my back only increased and I swear these babies were trying to rip their way out of me. The could do what ever they wanted but only after I got to see their father. 

When I got to the door of his room I heard laughing. I heard his wonderful Perfect laugh. As soon as I opened it, There he was eating a jello cup and having a conversation with a nurse. He had a cut on his forehead and his movements looked stiff but he was living and breathing. 

The nurse excused herself and I waddled as fast as I could to give Theo the biggest hug. I'm guessing the twins did not like that because the pain was not radiating through my stomach.  

Theo kissed me with this jello covered lips and I embraced that kiss.

"I was so scared that we lost you" I sniffled as he wiped the tears that fell from my eyes. 

"I was scared too. I knew I didn't have time to get out the way. My last thought was of you and our boys" He said 

"I'm so happy that you're okay" I smiled 

Theo's hand moved to my stomach and the entire thing contracted and I felt like someone knocked the wind out of me. After a minute the pain passed and I felt my pants get wet. Imminently my mind raced to when I started to bleed and almost lost the twins. 

But when I looked down, the wetness wasn't red. I looked almost like I had peed myself and another wave of pain radiated only this time towards my back and down to my pelvis. 

"Oliver......I think your in labor" Theo said unknowingly distracting me from this pain

"What?" I asked in disbelief 

"I think your water just broke" He said with a smile

Sure the twins were a bit early but it was still within the time frame of them being born perfectly healthy. 

I kissed Theo one last time before he pushed the button to get a nurse.