Ch. 9 Evolution

Robin's POV:
He's very hurt.....

The words kept ringing in my ears.

"What do you mean, he's hurt? He just left 10 minutes ago!", Aunt Angela exclaimed, worried.

"I'm sorry, but I don't have time to explain. Elijah has maybe an hour, according to your Earth's medicinal practices.", Samuel explained, making both Aunt Angela and Uncle Daniel look at him suspiciously.

"Yes, I'm an alien, yes, I know Elijah, and again, I have no time to explain.", he added, after looking at their faces.

He, then, looked straight at me.

"Youre a long way from home, aren't you, Robin Samson?", he asked me, shocking me and my Aunt and Uncle.

"Who are you talking to?", they both asked, as I asked, "how the hell can you see me?", all 3 of us confused.

"Future mind power-user, and the mind was my specialty. I could read, see into, and manipulate the mind of others, but was never able to traverse between timelines, that was a higher level than I.", he explained.

"Now, no more questions, I have to get you to Elijah before-", he started again, before he paused, cutting himself off.

He looked around, and acted like he could sense something.

"Take the car, go to the college, and pick up a girl named Fiona that's in your dorm room. Then, head to the hospital. Again, Elijah doesn't have long.", he explained, preparing for a fight.

"Wait, what's going on?", Uncle Daniel asked.

"Your government, they found me. They have scanners for my DNA, plus this damn microchip in my arm, I didn't notice it til now.", he explained, scoffing at the last part.

"Sa-Thi-Cian, I'm sorry....", I stated, tearing up.

I never interacted with Sa-Thi-Cian before, but, seeing how protective he is, to people of a whole other species, let alone him not knowing anyone... It shows just how amazing he truly was.

"I hope to see you three again, when the timeline settles. Liven Clansa!", He added, before shouting a battle cry, and shifting into his alien form.

Wait, timeline settles, I thought.

"Now, go! I can lead their attention away from you guys.", he explained, a deeper voice than before, as all 3 of us heard voices and boots all around the house, getting closer.

"Thank you, Samuel.", Aunt Angela stated, grabbing Uncle Daniel's hand, and running towards the front door, the only entrance not guarded.

As I got close to the door, I noticed that the scene I was looking at was dissolving, turning into something else.

Wait, no, no no, no, no, wait!!

I was now inside of what looked like a dorm room.

I saw a girl, about 17-18, laying in the bed, covered by a blanket, sleeping.

Why am I..., I thought, before I looked closer at the girl's face.

"Fiona.", I stated, in awe.

She stretched, and said, "Mm, who's there? Elijah, is that you?"

She opened her eyes, looked right at me, and screamed in fright.

She flipped out of the bed, and landed on the floor.

"Robin, how are you here?", she asked, covering herself with her arms and hands.

"First Sa-Thi-Cian, now you. How are you able to see-", I asked, before getting interrupted by the door handle jiggling.

"You might wanna put some clothes on, before you show my uncle something he doesn't need to.", I started, joking.

She quickly put on her shirt and pants, just as the door opened.

"Fiona, right?", Uncle Daniel asked, as soon as he opened the door with Aunt Angela behind him.

"Yes... What's going on?", she asked, confused, looking at me and them.

"Um...", I started, before faltering and wiping my eyes.

"I was told to bring you to Elijah. He's...", Uncle Daniel started, before faltering.

Then, the realization hit her.

"No, that's impossible, he can't be...", she retorted, breaking down on the floor.

"Fiona... He needs us right now....", Aunt Angela soothed, kneeling down with Fiona.

Fiona sniffled, then stood up, and stated, "Okay. Take me to him".

They ushered Fiona out of the dorm, with me trying to follow them, but, again, the scene dissolved again.

I must be walking through the timeline, like Sa-Thi-Cian said, and every time I move, it's a different part of the past, I thought.

Then, I started to walk forward into the shadows, until I started to see the interior of Holland Hospital, and I saw a frantic Aunt Angela, Uncle Daniel, and Fiona, running towards a door.

I was able to follow them inside the door, and, in the bed, heavily bruised, barely breathing, strapped to every machine they had..... Was Elijah.

I walked to the other side of the bed, and I could see his eyes were barely open.

I leaned over, and whispered, "Elijah, I don't know if you can hear me, but it's Robin. I somehow got pushed by Margeret into transferring my consciousness in to the timeline, so I could see you before.....", I explained, before breaking down.

"Elijah, please, I know who you are, who you become, this isn't your end.... I know it's not....", I cried, hanging my head down.

Then, all of a sudden, I feel a hand on my shoulder, and I look up and see Elijah's arm stretched out.

"My brilliant bolt.", he stated, taking shallow breaths. "I knew you were more powerful than you gave yourself credit for.", making me tear up more.

"Thank you, all of you.", he added, weakly, laying back on his back. "I never would've changed a thing. My beautiful Fiona, my Mom and Dad, standing here, in front of me....", making Uncle Daniel and Aunt Angela look at each other, awkwardly. "I'm so glad I got to spend this time with you, and I'm sorry I wasn't able to say goodbye to all of you.", he continued, looking back at me.

"This is it, just as it should be... I love.... you.... Alll......", he finished, taking his last breaths, until his head fell heavy.

All 4 of us just cried, as the Code Blue sirens came on, and the nurses came, rushed us out in the hall, and tried to revive him, but there was too much damage...

"I'm calling it... Time of death 12:15 AM.", a young Dr. Rex stated.

All I remember is screaming, and the entire scene dissolving, with me glowing a bright white, as did the shadows, and I ended up back in the kitchen.

I looked around, and saw Margeret and Anthony looking at me weirdly.

"Elijah's dead.", I said simply, before fainting.
_________________________________________
Humphrey here. I DID IT! In two weeks, I've completed not one, not two, but THREE chapters. What'll happen with Elijah? Will this affect the future? We shall see..... Mwahahaha 😏😏. Anyway, as always, enjoy yourselves. Humphrey out.