Chapter 3: To Die Or Not To Die...I'll Pick The Former

No one moved, save for one person. Sunny took off running, leaving dust in his wake. He sprinted towards the nearing building and activated his Quirk, summoning red hands. He jumped onto the wall. The fingers from the hands dug into the cement, keeping him steady. A certain movie influenced this...But now is not the time for that. He quickly climbed up, hearing Present Mic on the speakers yelling, "What's wrong? There are no countdowns in real fights! Run, run! The die has been cast, you know!" Judging by the stomps, the other examinees ran into the battle center. 

Sunny reached the top of the building, but he didn't stay idle for long. He took a quick glance to the opposite side of the building, saw a crowd of 1 and 2 pointers, and jumped off the edge. He ran down the wall, then used the red hands to push himself off onto another building, heading towards the cluster of robots.

He took out robots left and right, gaining points faster than he could blink. Speaking of blinking, his eyes were getting dry from flying at such a high speed. Sunny ignored the pain and focused on taking out the remaining robots. The white taking over his skin was now reaching his shoulders, and it was about to reach towards to his torso and neck.

(Author-chan: Omori himself is basically Sunny's Quirk. You know how some people, when they use their Quirk to much, get out of control? It's like that. The white that appears when he uses his quirk for an extended period of time is a sign of that. It starts at the fingers, then grows to his arms, then torso and neck, head and legs, then feet. If it completely takes over his body, his mind will switch with Omori's. Omori will have taken over his body, and Sunny will have taken over his. They'll be unable to switch back until Omori stops using the Quirk, which he doesn't like doing. In truth, he only does it when he's forced to. When the white skin turns into the normal, pale skin that Sunny has (the process is slow. It takes about a full day to revert back to it's normal state), he'll switch bodies and minds with him again, and everything goes back to how it was before.' I know I didn't tell you before, like the 'good' author I am!)

'Now, to finish this guy off...' Sunny used Cripple, as the final 2 pointer was touching a wall. Cracks appeared on the wall and in midair, reaching the robot. The 2 pointer got cut in half and toppled over, making a small crater under it. 

"51, 52, 53..." Sunny counted up the points in his head, resulting in a total of 61 points. As he finished, he saw Uraraka pressing her palm against multiple robots, making them float. She pressed her fingertips together and yelled, "Release!" She wiped sweat off of her forehead as the robots fell to their deaths around her, startling nearby examinees. "That's twenty-eight points!"

 She looked back onto the pile of dead robots she made, then saw Sunny. She was slightly startled by the red hands coming out of his back, but she was to tired to think about what his Quirk entailed. "Hey, Sunny! How's it going?" She stood up straight and faced him. "Wanna team up?" She grinned. Sunny nodded without hesitation, and Uraraka nodded with approval. "Awesome!"

The next few minutes went by quickly. Sunny used red hands to rip off chunks of metal and bashed the robots into the cement. Uraraka continued what she was doing before. She pressed her hands against various robots, panting as she ran by. They all tried charging after her, but they couldn't do much in midair. The whirring of the machines screamed 'Danger! Danger!'. Finally, she turned towards the mob of robots and yelled "Release!" once more. The robots plummeted towards the ground, shutting down.

Sunny turned his back to Uraraka, focusing on the 3 pointer in front of him. It raised both of it's arms and thrusted them down quickly. Sunny jumped backwards and into an alleyway. He walked backwards, going deeper into the darkness. The villain robot's voice box went off. "Nowhere to run, hero!" 'These things have voice boxes? Why didn't I see that before?' "You're cornered!" Sunny shook his head and used Vertigo. Black phantom-like hands emerged from his back, rather than the blood red ones. Since they were in the dark, the attack did more damage to the robot. The hands wrapped around the robot, squeezing it. It exploded under the pressure. It's body parts went flying everywhere, almost hitting Sunny. Sunny used red hands again and made a barrier around himself.

The ground shook. When Sunny felt that the explosion was over, he unraveled the red hands and stepped out into the light. A robot, about 10 times larger than the 3 pointers, pounded it's metal fists into the ground. Examinees ran away from it in terror. "Isn't that..." Sunny murmured. "The robot that the banana guy told us to ignore?" Sunny watched as it pummeled its fists into the nearby buildings. 'I can't shake this feeling that I should head towards it...There's definitely something wrong with me.' However, his instinct was usually right, even though it meant running into danger.

So, even though the logical side of him was screaming at Sunny to run, the more curious side tugged Sunny closer to the giant robot. And was he glad he listened to that curiousity of his as he ran towards the robot that threatened to destroy the fake city.

~~~
Word Count:  939
Authors Note: Does anyone else feel uncomfortable when reading their own stories?