Chapter 5: Takeover

(Author-chan: Sunny is replacing Mineta in this story. This is TOTALLY only because it would look weird if the classroom had 21 desks instead of 20...yeah, that's totally it. It's not because half of the universe hates Mineta, including me. Nope, never...)

~~~

"Make sure that you have everything! I wouldn't want you to forget anything on your first day of school." Sunny's mom fussed. She watched as Sunny put his backpack on. "I'm fine!" Sunny pouted. "...But thank you, mom." Sunny opened the door. "Bye." Sunny waved goodbye to his mother. "Have a good day!" She smiled warmly, a kind aura surrounding her cheerful figure.

Sunny lived pretty close to the school, fortunately. After 15 minutes of walking, he was already inside. He walked through the long halls. "Class 1-A...1-A...Here it is." He stood in front of the class. "Why's the door so tall? How tall can a student be?" He deadpanned. "Maybe it's for the teacher? Then again...Quirks and stuff...Whatever." Sunny opened the door to see...

"Don't put your feet on the desk!" A familiar blue haired scholar with glasses yelled at a blonde guy, who sat with his feet on the desk, smirking. "Huh?" "Don't you think that's rude to the U.A. upperclassmen and the people who made the desk?" "Nope. What junior high did you go to, side character?" The blonde boy teased. The blue haired boy stood up straight. "I attended Somei Private Academy. My name is Tenya Iida." Iida held his hand out for the blonde boy to shake. Blondie scoffed. "Somei? So you're a damn elite, huh? Looks like I'll have fun crushing you. " "'Crushing'? That's cruel. Do you truly aim to be a hero?"

As all of this took place, Sunny had already found a seat in the back of the classroom. 'Both of them sound like they...how did Kel phrase it?...'Have sticks up their asses.' I'm not sure if I'll be friends with them in the future...'

He saw a red and white haired boy sitting in the seat next to him. They were silently watching the rest of the class with sharp eyes. The burn on his face caught Sunny's attention. He decided to leave the candy cane man to his own devices. Sunny set his book bag down and stared out the window like a main character, a starry-eyed look in his eyes as he thought about what that day would contain.

"Go somewhere else if you want to play at being friends." Sunny looked around the classroom, trying to figure out where the voice was coming from. He deadpanned when he saw a man with long black hair laying at the doorway, wrapped in a yellow sleeping bag. 'Is that our teacher?' He questioned.

"This is the hero course." He said as he stood up and unzipped his sleeping bag. "It took eight seconds before you were quiet. Time is limited. You kids are not rational enough." He stepped out of the sleeping bag. The man had on wrinkly black clothing and a large gray scarf. 'He's our teacher, so that means he's a pro hero too.' Sunny wracked his brain, but he couldn't think of who this teacher may be. He hadn't been studying lately. He was busy training in Headspace.

"I'm your homeroom teacher, Shoto Aizawa. Nice to meet you." He reached into his sleeping bag and pulled out a uniform that was blue, white, and red. "It's kind of sudden, but put this on and go out onto the field."

---

"A QUIRK ASSESSMENT TEST?!" The class yelled in unison. They were all now outside. "What about the entrance ceremony? The orientation?" Uraraka asked. "If you're going to become a hero, you won't have time for such leisurely events." Aizawa responded, his back to Uraraka. "U.A. 's selling point is how unrestricted its school traditions are. That's also how the teachers run their classes." He turned back around.

"You kids have been doing these since junior high too, right?" Aizawa held up his phone. The screen showed a list of tests. "Physical fitness tests where you weren't allowed to use your Quirks. The country still uses averages taken from results from students not using their Quirks. It's not rational. Well, the Ministry of Education is procrastinating." He turned towards a boy with spiky blond hair and red eyes, the very same one who argued with the blue haired guy at the beginning of class."Bakugo, you finished first at the top of the practical exam, right? In junior high, what was your best result for the softball throw?" Sunny stared at the back of Bakugo's head, interested. 'So this is the guy who got ahead of me during the entrance exam...' Sunny looked over at Midoriya. 'He's much more interesting, but I don't know why...?'