Chapter 12: Close Your Eyes

24, 643 total reads? 747 votes?

Holy...you guys are insane! Thanks for sticking around and actually reading this book! I never thought it would make it this far.

You guys are absolute angels! ^^

Enjoy this chapter, you sickos! (And yes, the first constume introduced (not the fanart!) was meant to be a joke.)

~~~

"How come you're in your gym clothes, Deku?" Uraraka said as she, Deku, Sunny, and the rest of the class headed towards their bus. "Oh, my costume got tattered after battle training. The repairs are already being made by the support company, so I'm just waiting for them."

"*achoo!*" Sunny sneezed. sniffing. Uraraka immediately in her tracks, slowly turning around and staring at Sunny dead in the eye. Deku bumped into her back, staggering.

"...What?" Sunny sweatdropped. "That...was..." Uraraka held him by the shoulders. "ADORABLE!" She shook his shoulders rapidly, and Sunny's arms swung uselessly at his sides.

"HhEYhEYEYhEY!" He tried to talk, but couldn't speak properly. Instead, he gently shrugged Uraraka's hands away. "I *sniff* feel sick." He admitted, slightly red. "Huh? Why didn't you stay home, then? Maybe we could ask Momo for some tissues..." Uraraka fussed like an older sister. " N-No, I have some in my pocket." "Really? That's a relief. Next time you're sick, stay home! Got it?" "Yes..."

"In order to get everyone seated smoothly, file into two lines according to you numbers!" Iida's powerful voice rang. Sunny tugged at Iida's arm. "It's not that kind of bus...The seating arrangement is different." Iida froze as he peaked through the window of the bus. "SO IT ENDED UP BEING THIS KIND OF BUS ANYWAY!" He sobbed dramatically. Sunny woefully and awkwardly patted his back.

...

On the bus, Sunny sat besides Deku. "Hey Midoriya," Tsuyu said. "I always say what I think, no matter what's on my mind." She began. "Your Quirk reminds me of All Might's." "W-What?! Haha, but mine's isn't like-uh!" Deku stuttered. 'That spawned a greater reaction than I thought it would.'

"All Might never gets hurt when he uses his Quirk! That's where the likeliness ends." Kirishima pointed out. "I'm kinda jealous of that kind of simple enhancer-type Quirk, though! There's a lot of uses, and it's flashy, too! My 'hardening power' isn't bad for punch-ups, so it's not like I hate it, but it's hardly flashy." He stared at his fist and hardened it.

He grinned. "If we're talking about flashy and strong, you can't not mention Todoroki and Bakugou!" Todoroki was peacefully sleeping, so he wasn't able to hear Kirishima's remark. Bakugou 'tched' and stared angrily at the window. Sunny swore he saw the window crack, but when he blinked, the cracks were gone!

"Eh, Bakugou's always fuming, so he won't be very popular." Tsuyu shrugged. "You bitch! I'll be popular, unlike you stupid morons!" He spat. "See?"

"How does the most violent student in our class get bullied?" Sunny muttered. He put on his earplugs and listened to the song playing, quietly humming with the intention of falling asleep. 'Close your eyes, you'll be here soon~'

"Mama, who's that? They look funny."  A young boy holding his mother's hand pointed at Sunny in his dream. "That's very rude, Peter. They're a very handsome young man, regardless of if they have bandages or not!" The mom scolded 'Peter'.

*crunch* "AAAH! Mama, he BIT ME!!!" The boy screamed as Sunny bit his arm. The mom chuckled. "Get noobed, lol, harharhar!"

...

"AMAZING!" "Is this U.S.J or something?!"

Having just barely woken up from a dream he couldn't remember (probably for the best), Sunny rubbed his eyes, yawning. His throat felt rather scratchy, is there a drink around here?

He took in the sight of the glass dome, the inside divided into sections meant to simulate disasters. Landslides, shipwrecks, earthquakes, fires, even meteor showers.

In front of the class stood a hero with a costume resembling a space suit. "This is a practical training area I created to simulate all kinds of accidents and disasters. It's the Unforseen Simulation Joint!" They exclaimed, hints of pride evident in their voice.

"It's Space Hero, Thirteen! They're the gentlemanly hero who does phenomenal work helping with disaster relief!" Deku fanboyed. What a textbook-like description!

Thirteen whispered something to Aizawa, who sighed out of what Sunny assumed to be annoyance. "Before we begin, I would like to begin with just one thing...or two...or three...or four." Thirteen said. 'They're increasing...'

"I'm certain you're all aware, but my Quirk is called 'Black Hole'. No matter what material gets sucked into its vortex, I'm afraid it will turn to dust." Thirteen explained.

"But isn't it perfect for removing wreckage and saving people from disasters?" Deku eagerly pointed out. "Yes...However, it is also a power that can easily be used to kill. I'm sure the same could be same for some of you." 'I feel targeted.'  

(Skip to next paragraph if you don't want to read this whole thing) "Naturally, in this society of superhumans, Quirks are strictly regulated, and the requirements for their lawful use is enforced. We can tell at a glance that it is the make-up of this world. That being said, please don't forget that each of you possess a Quirk that can go awry, whether it be because of overusage, conditions, the environment, even your physical or mental limitations. During Mr. Aizawa's physical test, you learned your prospective power's true potential. During All Might's trial of battle, I think you took away a true sense of danger of brandishing those powers against one another. This lesson will serve as a fresh start! Let's get to studying how to wield your Quirks for the sake of human life! Your Quirks do not exist to hurt others. Please leave this excercise having fully understood that your Quirks exist to help people!" Thirteen lectured.

Did you skip? Here's a quick summary: Quirks can go awry. However, Quirks aren't meant to hurt others, blah blah blah, help other people, learn your limits. There ya go, happy now?

As Thirteen said that, a shiver ran down Sunny's spine. He glanced around the room, his eyes finally landing on a dark purple portal. He tensed up when he saw a pale hand reaching through it. "Sensei, what's that?" He pointed. Aizawa inhaled sharply. "Huddle together and don't move. Thirteen, protect the students!" He shouted as put his goggles over his eyes.

As he said that, a huge group of villains, both big and small, rushed through the portal.

"Are those real villains?" "This is part of the training, right?" "W-What the hell's up with that bird?!"

"Those are real villains." Sunny felt his vision momentarily blur as Aizawa uttered those words. 'Not now.' He pleaded to himself.

A dark purple and black figure, who appeared to be made out of the same mist as the portal, clicked his tongue. "According to the teacher's corriculum we procured yesterday, Mr. All Might was supposed to be here, and yet..." He trailed off, evidently dissatisfied with All Might's absence.

What was even more terrifying about the situation was the guy standing next to the mist figure. Pale blue hair, hands covering his entire body, and...no...crusty lips?!

"Where is he...We went through all this trouble and rustled up so many of us to bring along. You can't tell me All Might isn't here..." He grunted, scratching his hair furiously (probably got lice!).

"If wonder if he'll show up if we kill the kids?"

'...' Sunny was speechless as his body was taken over by Omori for the fourth time in his life.

Once, it was because Mari got mad at him.

Once, it was during the physical exam by Aizawa.

Once, it happened during the USJ trip.

Once, for the first time in his life, it happened when he got kidnapped.

~~~

When writing do you guys plan out your whole chapter or book beforehand? Or do you just start writing with no plan and go with the flow?

When I write, I usually come up with additional dialogue, events, and twists on the spot. That includes the Omori takeovers and Sunny jumping out of the window (mood). What about you guys? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Also, any ideas for small events you want me to add? Sunny biting 'Peter' was requested by  someone in the comments before, but I can't find the comment. If you're here, thanks for the suggestion! I'll take on any other requests as well! Tell me if you find any spelling mistakes or grammar errors, and I'll be sure to fix them whenever possible!

I won't keep you any longer, so have a good day! Or night...or evening...yep.

Word Count: 1406