Chapter 6: Investigating The Impossible

Omori's POV

"Sunny, is everything alright?" Aizawa examined the change in Omori's body. The skin had changed from tan to white, and the red hands that were originally on his back detached themselves, the six of them floating around Omori. His clothing had changed back into Omori's normal attire, which Aizawa didn't recognize. "..." Omori stared at Aizawa. Aizawa felt as if a dark presence was looming over him. Aizawa's vision momentarily blurred. Suddenly, red letters appeared, floating directly in front of him. It read "Strength, speed, and defense has been lowered." On the right of these words, a red arrow pointed downwards. Aizawa's vision turned normal again, but he was still confused. It was like a video game...

Omori lowered Aizawa's stats, making him happy. Omori reached into his pocket and pulls out two of his shiny knives. Running towards Aizawa, Omori made an X-like motion, cutting Aizawa's torso. Aizawa fell to the ground, clutching his wound. Luckily, it was shallow. He stared at Omori. Omori stood still. His skin quickly returned to its tan color. Sunny felt himself regain control, while Omori quietly went back into Whitespace.

"What was that?!" The class was surprised. A few rushed over to help Aizawa. Sunny fell to his knees, clutching his head. He was on the verge of tears. His head was pounding. His vision was blurred. He felt like he was choking. His grip on his hair tightened. The next thing he knew, he passed out.

When Sunny woke up, he was sitting on a chair. The room he was in was a dull gray. On the wall to his left, there was what looked like a one-way mirror. A wooden door was on the same side of the room.

Sunny tried to get up, but he couldn't. He realized that his legs were tied to the legs of the chair. His wrists were tied behind the back of it.

"What the hell was that about?" Aizawa said with a slightly angry and questioning tone. Aizawa sat in a chair on the opposite side of the table. Bandages were wrapped around Aizawa's torso. Aizawa glared at Sunny. "Answer the question." Sunny stared at the center of the table. "It's part of my Quirk." Sunny answered. "Wanna elaborate on that?" Aizawa pushed. Sunny bit the inside of his mouth. "My Quirk is called Alter Ego, so a counterpart of mine takes over my body whenever I want Omori to." "Omori?" "That's his name. He has a lot of abilities. He's only taken over my body without my consent once. I don't know what triggers it." Sunny explained, hoping that Aizawa didn't ask when that situation was. Luckily, he didn't. Aizawa sighed, rubbing his forehead. "Did you feel like anything before Omori took over your body?" Sunny thought for a moment. "Um...I remember being skittish. I felt overly cautious, I guess." Aizawa nodded. "Based off of your result on the practical exam, you're very smart. Try using that brain of yours to think of what could have triggered this to happen. I'll try to as well. We don't want this to become public, as you're trying to become a hero. I've asked the class to keep quiet about this, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about."

Aizawa stood up to unlock the chains. "Sorry about this. My comrades thought it was necessary to do this." Sunny stood up after the chains were taken off. "Don't act like you thought it was a bad idea to have me in chains as well." Sunny said without thinking. Aizawa bit the side of his mouth. "...Let's go." He replied, not bothering to answer.

The two of them left the building. They were still in U.A., so they were now in front of the gate. "Hey." Aizawa called out as Sunny walked away, his backpack slung over one shoulder. Sunny turned around. "Be careful."

Sunny now lay in bed, thinking about what Aizawa said.

'Try using that brain of yours to think of what could have triggered this to happen.'

'Maybe something's happening in Headspace. I'll head there tonight and ask Sunny what happened. Maybe I'll ask the others too...' With this final thought in his mind, Sunny drifted off to sleep.

~~~

Word Count: 702