Chapter 10: Like A (In)sane Person

"Sunny?!" Uraraka shrieked, surprised by his action. She ran towards the window, looking down in frantic motions. She was relieved when Sunny, who was now Omori, activated his Quirk, the red hands digging into the wall. Omori casually sent her a thumbs up, then started descending downwards. Once he reached the ground, he deactivated his Quirk, giving control back to Sunny. Sunny sprinted towards the entrance of the school, knowing that Bakugo was most likely to be there.

He originally thought that Bakugo, being the prideful person he was, would work harder to become stronger, even though he probably wouldn't admit his loss. Sunny assumed that he needed time to vent out his anger, which was why he stalked off. But now, he wasn't so sure.

He saw Bakugo heading towards the back entrance, but SUnny could only see the back of his head. He couldn't see his face, but Sunny could imagine what it looked like. With that in mind, he hid behind a tree, listening to Bakugo's insulting words about...Sunny could imagine who.

"Hey! You tricked me, didn't you?" Bakugo muttered in an angry tone. "Was it fun tricking me all this time?! You've got a flashy Quirk there, don't you?!"

Just then, Sunny could see a familiar face running out of the school. Izuku Midoriya, the person whose name was the talk of the class, looked at Bakugo with a shocked look on his face. His arm was wrapped up and in a cast. "Kacchan!" Midoriya yelled out. Bakugo kept walking towards the exit, not even bothering to look back. "Kacchan!" Midoriya repeated, running towards him.

Bakugo finally stopped, stiff. He slowly turned his head around, giving a threatening glare. "...What?" Midoriya froze at his rude words. He looked like he wanted to say something, but the words were stuck in his throat.

"..." Bakugo's glare intensified. Midoriya looked at the ground. He looked guilty, but Sunny didn't know why.

He was just an eavesdropper, after all.

Midoriya sighed. "There's one thing I feel like I have to tell you." The next words that came out of his mouth shocked Sunny, to say the least.

"My Quirk is something I received from someone else. I can't say who I got it from, though...I won't say. But it's like a story out of comic books, that's for sure. On top of that, I still can't control it properly. It's just a borrowed power that I haven't made my own yet. That's why I tried to beat you without using it. But in the end, I couldn't win and had to rely on it."

Midoriya apparently didn't notice that Bakugo was practically shaking with rage, ready to explode at any moment.

"I've still got a long way to go!" Midoriya continued in a shaky voice. "That is why...That's why-" Midoriya put an injured hand to his heart. "I'll beat you with my own power!"

He looked at Bakugo with determined eyes, only to shrink back when he saw his expression.

"What the hell is that?" Bakugo turned around, his spiky hair covering his eyes. "'Borrowed power'? You're talking nonsense. What are you trying to do, make me out to be more of a fool than you already have? Huh?" His voice slowly got louder and louder. "What are you trying to say? Today I lost to you..." At this point, he was already yelling. "...That's all it was! That's all..." His shoulders were shaking violently.

"When I saw the ice guy, I thought 'I can't beat him'! Damn it! I ended up agreeing with what that ponytail girl said! Damn it! Damn it, damn it! You too, Deku!"

bakugo looked up with tears in his eyes, much to Midoriya and Sunny's surprise. "I'm just...I'm just getting started! You hear?! Here, I will become number one!" Bakugo turned back around and started walking again. "You won't beat me again, bastard!"

After that heartwarming speech, however, a new voice came in. A rather loud one at that. "There he is!" All Might suddenly came running, grabbing Bakugo. "Young Bakugo!" All Might gave his signature grin, but Bakugo couldn't see it. He was wiping his tears with his sleeve, refusing to look at the current number 1 hero.

"Just so you know, pride is important." All Might stated. "You definitely have the abilities needed to become a pro. You still have a lot of-" "Let go of me, All Might. I can't walk." Bakugo cut him off. "I'll become a hero that surpasses even you without you telling me!"

All Might let go of his shoulders, and Bakugo finally walked out of the school. Midoriya stood there with a dazed expression on his face, while All Might stood tall with his usual smile. Seeing that the conversation was over, Sunny left the scene, heading back to the classroom.

It was quite an interesting conversation, to say the least, but that wasn't what Sunny was thinking about. He wasn't thinking about that, nor was he thinking about what he'd say when his friends asked where he went.

Why did he hesitate to save himself when he jumped out the window?

~~~
Word Count: 841