Chapter 17: The Price of Impulse

"..."

Sunny was stunned as he sat on his bed, the light flickering on his phone as he watched a video on WooTube. A blond woman held a microphone, the imposing building called the Unforeseen Simulation Joint, or USJ, behind her.

"This week," The woman exclaimed. "Pro heroes All Might, Thirteen, and other teachers teaching at the prestigious hero school today reported fighting against a new group of villains during a field trip. One such villain's identity may come as a shocker to all of you."

"Erud Stolette, son of the world's most famous retired idol, Valere, was found dead, his head brutally cut off. Professionals suspect that the cause of his death may have been the betrayal of a villain who participated in the assault."

The show cut to an interview of the villain's mother, Valere. She was visually stunning, though her tears and puffy eyes didn't make her very appealing at the moment.

"My son...! I never thought he would be a villain, but I promise - whoever dared to murder my son will pay! I'll kill them myself! Damn you! DAMN YOU-!"

...She was abruptly cut off as the show cut back to the woman, who sat there awkwardly. "...We will now cut to commercial break, beloved viewers. Next, we'll review the truth behind the production of boba, and the effects of Quirk usage on the consumer's health."

Then it showed an ad for buying kitten litter.

Sunny inwardly groaned as he laid on his bed, the blankets covering up to his thighs. His phone fell to the side. Sunny turned it off, but shrugged before he checked the time, '1: 32 a.m.'

"Damn it..."

Sunny knew he wouldn't be able to sleep. A celebrity renowned not only for her looks, but for her merciless usage of her ice Quirk called 'Red Ice', where the ice that she had on her skin had the strange ability to absorb people's blood.

Sunny groaned as he shut his eyes until he fell asleep.

...

"What was that!?" For once, Sunny seemed visibly pissed at Omori, the latter staring blankly at the floor while sitting on the stairs in Headspace.

'Sunny is happy-'

Sunny ignored the message and squinted his eyes as he stared at Omori. "...Another light bulb broke."

The black light bulbs contained Sunny's inner turmoil and conflict, as well as negative emotions that were too intense for him to deal with without the possibility of going insane. When one broke, Omori's mental state seemed to get more violent and independent, while Sunny would feel emotionally unstable.

"..." As per usual, Omori was silent, but the silence was awkward...

"...Forget it." Sunny mumbled as he traversed back into Whitespace, gripping the knife in his hand as he promptly stabbed himself in the stomach.

"Gah!"

...And with that, it was the start of a new day.

~~~

OMG YALL-

I'm super sorry for the lack of updates! I literally had to move houses and fly overseas on countless flights, so I put this story on hold. I didn't wanna write it while tired.

And also, I read a comment earlier, and it made me realize something...

This is seriously the only Omori x mha fanfic out there!? I even searched on Google and whatnot...This is a lot of pressure y'all, I didn't know this! ToT

Anyway, sorry for the lack of updates and boring chapter. I just wanted to post something for now.

Have a good day! Love you guys!

Word Count: 556