Chapter 4: Did My Hard Work Pay Off...?

The giant robot pummeled buildings to get through the fake city. As Sunny arrived at the scene, the other examinees ran past him, screaming. The massive amount of dust blurred his vision for a moment. As it cleared, Sunny saw Uraraka's foot stuck under a pile of debris. She put her hands under herself and pushed herself up. She desperately tried to forcefully pull her foot out, but it was no use. It wouldn't budge an inch. Sunny ran over and used red hands to pull the debris off of her, trying to keep an eye on the robot. It slowly made it's way closer...closer...closer still...

"Yes!" Uraraka's foot was free. She quickly stood up. "Thank you Sunny!"

"Your welcome, but...Couldn't you have just used your Quirk?" Sunny muttered.

As he said that, Midoriya jumped higher than most people would deem possible. He was eye to eye with the robot. Midoriya reeled his arm back, making a fist. His muscles made the cloth covering his arm rip and tear, so you could see his veins. Midoriya punched the robot. As a result, a large hole was made in the robot. It fell back, defeated.

Midoriya was suspended in midair for a second, but he started falling. His eyes were closed, so he looked like he passed out. His right arm was broken and bruised, making it a nasty purple color. Uraraka smacked him in the face. Midoriya, like once before, floated in midair. "R-release!" She panted. Midoriya fell to the ground. Uraraka dropped to her knees, exhausted at the overuse of her Quirk. "You used your Quirk to much." Sunny said. "That's pretty obvious, isn't it?" Uraraka chuckled. "Look at you. Your arms and neck are covered in white. Be more careful!" She puffed her cheeks. Sunny scoffed playfully. "You're about to pass out." He pointed out. "...Y-Yeah..." Uraraka puffed her cheeks, embarrassed.

"Good work, good work." Sunny heard an old lady's voice. He turned around to see Recovery Girl, known for her healing abilities. Sunny didn't remember how her Quirk worked, nor did he care. She held her hand out to Sunny, revealing gummies. "Thank you." "You too!" Sunny popped the gummies into his mouth.

Recovery Girl walked up to Midoriya. She looked at his beaten-up body for a moment, then puckered her lips. She kissed him on the head. Everyone stared in shock while Sunny deadpanned. '...How could I forget a Quirk like that? Recovery Girl can heal anyone's injuries almost immediately, but can only activate it with a kiss. The drawback is that her patient becomes extremely tired when healed by her. I suspect that she's given many people their first kiss because of that. I wonder how she feels about that...I guess it's not that different than saying 'That's like saying you got your first kiss from your mother,' but I don't know if that counts. You and your mother are related by blood, but does it still count?' Sunny groaned. His brain hurt from thinking to much.

A week had passed since the exam. His skin was back to it's normal color, thankfully. He was sitting on his bed, scrolling though his phone. "Sunny! The letter from UA is finally here!" His mom barged into his room. She shoved the letter into his hands. His phone dropped to the floor, but his mom didn't notice. 'My precious...' Sunny internally cried.

He neatly opened the neat envelope. Inside of it was a small disc. Sunny pressed the button on the side. A projection appeared of All Might in a shiny suit. "I AM HERE!...As a projection. Young Sunny, you have been accepted into UA! You placed 1st in the entrance exams! You got out of 98 out of 100 questions correct on the written exam! You got 69 points on the practical exam, which would normally put you in third place. However! You scored hero points, which are earned by helping others out during the exam! You scored 7 of these, putting you in 2nd place! Congratulations! You'll be in Class 1-A! Remember to go beyond..." All Might raised a fist. "..PLUS ULTRA!"

The projection disappeared. "Oh my stars! You passed, Sunny! I'm so proud!" Sunny's mother wrapped her arms around her son, squeezing hard. After a moment, she let go and sat next to him on the bed. 

"Your sister would be so proud of you. Never forget that, okay?" Without waiting for an answer, she left, closing the door softly behind her. 

"..." Why did she have to bring her up...?

~~~
Word Count: 750