Darkness and Death

"Brat." He said, smugness dripping in his voice. You shuddered. He was frightening to look at, and he smelled. . . Terrible. You ignored his scent, too grief stricken to think properly. Kelsey was your best friend. You had loved her dearly and now that she was gone, what were you going to do? He continued to stare down at you, his eyes narrowing slightly, observing your every move. You trembled beneath him, suddenly feeling very small. "P-Please. . . Don't hurt me. . ." You mewled out, mentally slapping yourself for sounding so small. He chuckled darkly, and leaned down until he met your face. "I'm not going to hurt you. . . As long as you do everything I tell you to do. Understand?" He growled. You nodded, mouth to dry to speak. He took his knee off of your stomach and let you fall to the filthy ground, rubbing the spot. You couldn't look at him. He let out a snort and grabbed your wrist, forcing you to stand up. You followed his movement, trying to keep up with his lumbering walk. He was silent the whole time, and it made you incredibly nervous. What was he planning to do with you? While you thought in silence, you ran straight into his back, letting out a small "Oof!" as you did. He ignored you and let go of your wrist. You were faced with a blocked off exit door. "Open it." He ordered. "W-What?" You asked, not knowing if you heard him correctly. "Open. It." He hissed, leaning down again to look at you. "Now!" You shakily obeyed his orders. The door would not budge and he sighed, turning around as if disappointed. "What now?" You asked him quietly. He was silent for a moment, then without warning, charged right at you. You shrieked and dove out of the way, but he wasn't charging at you. He crashed into the door and the wooden beams came cascading down in slivers and pieces. "Try it now!" He snarled, angry for some reason. You scrambled up and tried the door again. It opened. His eyes went back to being half lidded and he slowly approached the door, almost. . . Nervous to go outside. He breathed in the night air, listening to the crickets and frogs that had made home in the lake about 20 feet from the abandoned building. You didn't know this thing at all, but he looked. . . Happy. . . The rabbit monster lifted one of his feet up and put a hand on the doorframe, setting his foot on the wet pavement. Rain was pattering down quietly, the Earth around drinking up the precious liquid. He stepped into the rain and lifted his head, letting the rain wash away whatever was bothering him so much. 

"You're friend is buried by the lake." He finally spoke, snapping you out of your trance of watching this creature enjoy the rain. He pointed over to the lake where sure enough a lump of fresh ground had been moved around. You looked at him warily, and he nodded as if giving you permission to see her. You did not hesitate in running over, boots splashing through the mud until you reached her grave. You collapsed onto your knees, ignoring the cold, damp mud that began seeping through your jeans. You were silent. There was no tears, no screaming, no begging her to come back. Just silence in grief. You stayed there for a moment longer before carefully plucking a wild flower from the lakeside and placing it on her grave before going back to the creature. You laid your head on his chest and began to cry softly, the rain mixing with your tears. He was surprised, but wrapped an arm around you. ". . . Why did you kill her?" You finally asked. He was silent. He was expecting this question. "She was afraid of me. She threw things at me, and I was angry. It was spur of the moment. I didn't mean to kill her, I just wanted to scare her off. But she tripped over something and instinct kicked in. I smashed her head in with a metal bar on the ground. I couldn't stop." He spoke quietly, no longer proud of what he did. You sighed. ". . . Can I ask you something?" You said, worried what his reaction might be when you asked him. He was again, silent, but nodded. "Who are you? You're obliviously not a robot. I know you're a person. But what's your name? Why are you in that suit? Can you get out?" You were still very much wary of him, horrified you had sought comfort from him when he was the killer of your friend. He took your hand and forcibly took you to the dry pavement underneath the roof that hung over while rain continued to fall in the quiet night. He sat on a concrete parking spot curb, his silver eyes glowing in the heavy darkness. He did not look at you. You sat down on the wall and let yourself fall until you were perched with your knees to your chest, holding yourself steady in case you had to run. He was silent for a while longer and finally he spoke, making you jump. In your terror, you had not noticed how deep and gravely his voice really was, lined with a thick British accent. "My name. . . I have no use for it anymore. I am called Springtrap now." Springtrap. . . Huh. He was certainly mysterious. "Are you from England?" You noticed he was ignoring your question if he was human or not. "I am. Born and raised. My mother and father came here when I was 13. I started Fazbear Entertainment with my friend, Henry." You were silent, letting him talk, desperate to know more about your rabbit captor. "Am I. . . Allowed to leave. . ?" You dared to ask. His ears pricked at the question and he did not turn around. "No. You will stay here until I decide what to do with you." That. . . Did not sound good. "Will you kill me?" You whispered. He chuckled and looked at you, turning his head slightly to peer at you. "No. I won't." He looked back to the pitch black landscape, silent again. The rain kept splashing down and you sighed softly, breathing in the clean air. "So. . . Springtrap-" "No more questions, child. I have grown weary. Inside." He ordered, slowly standing, his fur covered body dripping with iridescent droplets dripping down. He shook himself off slightly, sending water everywhere. The dried blood was running down in streams from the water, making him look even more frightening in the darkness. "Inside." He said, holding the door open for you. You stood up and went inside.