4. Headed to paradise

Hi! here is a another part, pic up there is of Daniel.  He's all cleaned up now :3

I have some changes to make in the other books so please bare with me <3

-

DANIEL'S P.O.V

      The wind started to pick up the minute we stepped into the sand, I took my shoes off and rolled my jeans up. It was quiet, a few seagulls could be heard and the sound of the waves instantly had me starting to relax.  I was really in my head these days. I thought I could just ignore everything and get through college.

       Becoming good friends with everyone hadn't even crossed my mind but here I was. My head felt like it was gonna explode, I pressed my toes into the sand more and walked closer to the ocean. It smelt salty and I loved the smell so much.

        August came up beside me and looked around. "You put me through a lot of stuff.. but you've done things for me that I couldn't be more grateful for, You've made a lot of effort getting to where you are right now.. be proud of yourself". August said, the wind was sending his hair all over the place.

       It was true, I did put August through hell, we've known each other for awhile now but me getting better, or trying to didn't excuse what I did. If I was being completely honest, it scared me to think about everything I ever did to him or Taylor because I didn't really remember much.

            At the time I was so coked up and whatever else I could get my hands on that no matter how hard I tried to remember some days, it gave me the worst headache. I held my head and groaned. I always got these horrible headaches.

      My phone went off and I almost broke my wrist checking my phone. It wasn't Adrian, it was Aspen responding to my text checking up on him.

          It was almost noon and I hadn't heard from Adrian all day. I sat in the sand and August sat beside me. "Do you think I'm an idiot?". August suddenly asked and I gave him a crazy look.

      "Why would I ever think that?". I asked, very confused. August was so smart, a lot smarter than me and he was so kind.

              "So do you think I make good choices..". He started and I rolled my eyes, I knew where this was going.  "August, I know you forgave me. The problem is I didn't forgive me.. I'm fine anyways. This is about you". I said, watching the waves wash ashore.

     The truth was , I was sad.  Adrian hadn't texted me today and this is what I get for getting my hopes up.  I tried not to get my hopes and keep our chats to a minimum. Gosh this was so annoying, whatever. I didn't care.  Maybe he didn't like what we did last night, I bit my bottom lip at that thought. Maybe that was exactly why. I should've just left when I had the chance.

         "Sometimes I wish the world would just pause for a moment so I could collect my thoughts". I added, August nodded in agreement "I feel you but come on Daniel, we're friends now..". He whispered, tracing  a heart into the sand. August rested his head on my shoulder and we just sat there looking at the sea.

         It was so pretty, I could sit out here for hours and maybe even paint. I made a mental note to bring my paint supplies next time I decided to come. 

-

  "Oh fuck!". August cried and I shot up, looking around. My eyes widened as he looked at his watched and started laughing. "We literally just fell asleep on this beach, how did we not get robbed, it's like almost five". He said, running a hand through his hair. He sat up and we both brushed the sand off of us.