6- Change of plan

Hey besties! Pic above is of Henry. Enjoy <3

-----

DANIEL'S P.O.V

I slept like shit. Rolling over I groaned as my back cracked. I stretched and turned over reaching for my phone. It was almost eleven in the morning.

   5:47 am Adrian: Good morning am I on time? 

I laughed and quickly responded , the smell of eggs caught my attention and  sat up and put some slippers on. My feet thudded against the stairs as I ran down them. "Good morning, Daniel. I made your favorite". My grandma said, I kissed her cheek and pulled her into a hug. "Good morning, thank you so much. Where is Grandpa?". I asked, biting into a piece of toast.

        "He's filling the car up with gas". She said, wiping her hands clean.

"Oh, I could've done that..are ya'll going somewhere?".  I asked, Grandma looked away and I raised an eyebrow. "We'll wait for Grandpa to return, sit down at eat please. I made that Matcha you like". She said, setting a cup in front of me. I thanked her still confused and took a sip.

        Delicious. However, I was anxious. What the hell was going on? Oh my gosh, what did I do? Was I being kicked out. My appetite disappeared and I just sat quietly in my seat. I tried my hardest not be a burden to them. I could pay rent and maybe do more chores. Gnawing at my lip I eyed my fork and nervously tapped my foot. 

   The front door open and my head shot up and I looked to see my Grandpa walking in. "Morning, Danny!". He said hanging his hat on the hook. I weakly waved and turned back in my seat. Were they excited to kick me out. I had nowhere to go. 

     "I wanted to tell him when you got here". She said, sitting at the table. The cup in her head was steaming. He sat beside her and opened his mouth to speak.

   "So, we have decide-".

 "Please don't kick me out, I swear I'll do better.. I'll pick up more chores and I'll start paying rent..Just please, I'm so sorry If I've done anything to make you both mad". I said, feeling my hands start to shake. They were giving me a second chance and I couldn't figure out how I was blowing it.

    My grandmas mouth dropped and she set the cup down and got up from the seat. "Daniel, why would we kick you out..". She said, wrapping her arms around me, I put an arm on her and gave Grandpa a confused look.

 "Daniel, you've done absolutely nothing wrong..you don't have to go anywhere, you're doing more than enough here". My grandpa said. I let out a sigh of relief , my heart was pounding. 

    "T-then what is it? Are one of ya'll sick?!". I asked.

 "No Daniel, we decided to have the house remodeled". My grandma laughed, a weight was lifted off of my shoulder. Oh Thank God.

     "Oh.. that's amazing, oh wow. Like what?". I asked.

"Well the frontroom, the bathrooms and the kitchen but the thing is the water has to be cut off and no one should really be here while it happens.. Your grandpa and I booked a cruise for the time being.. We were thinking of inviting you too but we know you have school and Work. I know it's too much to ask but is there a way you could stay with a friend? If not we can pay for a hotel". My Grandma said, I was worried for nothing.

       "Oh no, it's not too much trouble at all! Please enjoy, I'll just stay with Taylor". I said, giving them a big smile. "When do you leave?". I asked, I'm guessing it was sooner than later.

          "In two days, Daniel. I'm sorry it's such short notice we didn't even think we would go through with it". My grandpa said. I shook my head no.