Time For The Truth

a/n: i know, mortals- i know. you expected it to be called the dream II. i'll be honest, i was debating it. like for real debating it. but... well just read to and out. the idea of this dream is inspired by a percy jackson and avengers crossover made by definitely_not_loki, who is not loki... according to them (they definitely are) go check out their profile! also, anybody else miss 2014 songs. just me, babes? 

In the dream, I was in a dark, hot area. I immediately recognized the area as the Pit. Tartarus. Pronounced like tartar sauce, don't ask why- take it up with him not me. And yes, I said him because if you didn't already know, Tartarus is alive. Just to clarify, Tartarus, or tartar sauce if you're having trouble; is a living breathing pit full of monsters that we've 'killed'. Another fun fact, the monster that we 'kill' never die; they go into Tartarus (remember, Tartarus=tartar sauce) and they stay there until they gain enough strength to come and try and kill us again. I know, so much fun stuff, demigod life is so fun. Oh, did I mention that if you're reading this you're probably a demigod? Ya, welcome to the family. If ya didn't know before... well let's just say you better get running to Camp Half-Blood. Anyways, I was confused in the dream. Was I just going to have to re- live the Pit, but without Annabeth? Now, that's cruel. I was coming up with all possible explanations when I heard a booming voice coming from tartar sauce-I mean Tartarus (dam, now you've got me doing it!) talking to me.

Perseus Jackson. Well, I'd say it's been too long, don't you agree?

I looked around, but then I remembered, I'm in Tartarus. I couldn't find the voice. "What do you want from me?" I asked it. I had already been here before; I didn't need it again. Not again, especially not without my Annabeth. Oh, Gods. Annabeth- was she here too? "I SAID, WHAT DO YOU WANT?" I screamed. The Pit just chuckled. Typical. I drew Riptide from my pocket and scanned the area, as if that would do anything. 

I want to hurt you Perseus. I want to take you for everything you have. You should have known, escaping from me is a dangerous thing to do. You're all alone now. 

And with that, Riptide disappeared from my hand. I felt sharp pains all around me to realize I was being attacked by harpies. No, not like the disease or the women- like the monster. They look really ugly, and they are like the size of an eagle. Not threatening, right? Just a bird, Percy! Don't be a wimp! Ya, one would be fine, with my sword. When a whole pack is coming at you, and you have no weapons- you might do the heroic thing and curl up into a (very manly) ball and tuck your head into your knees. (a/n: i see you dirty minds

You will feel pain, Perseus Jackson. Worse than losing everyone that you have ever love. 

I will admit, with the harpies were choking me and attacking me with their teeth and talons, it was hard to get out any words. But I'm Percy Jackson. Since when was I your average demigod? I'm amazing. "Nothing could be worse than that." I managed

Well, I guess we're just going to have to see about that, wont we Perseu-

And then I was shaken awake. I jumped up on the bed and unleashed Riptide. I saw Steve with his hand up in a surrender motion.

"Woah woah, calm down! I just wanted to know if you were okay- you were shaking."

I slowly lowered my sword and put the cap pn, putting it in my pocket. It felt so real, I could feel myself being strangled (dark again, sorry.) I simply blinked and looked at him "Ya, ya I'm fine. I'm going to go to the pool." I looked out of my huge windows; it was pitch black outside. Had to be at least past 1:00. 

Steve looked at me with concern, but not pity. There's a slight but crucial difference. "Okay, do you know the way?" I nodded and started down the stairs without another word. "It's like 50 floors down! Take the elevator!" I simply ignored him and walked past. I'd walk down any number of stairs to avoid an elevator. That's pathetic, I know. Hey I'm Percy! I've saved the world twice and have a fear of elevators! What a grand introduction. Once I was at the pool, I jumped in. Yes, I jumped in sweatshirt, pajama pants and all. I found the water so refreshing, I fell asleep again. But, no nightmares, which bothered me more than ever.

                                          -----TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY STRESS-----

Next thing I knew I was being dragged out of the pool by two strong arms. Most of the Avengers voices surrounded me.

"Is he dead? Oh my god he's dead!"

"What are we going to do?!"

"Put him down, Steve!"

"Somebody get Bruce!"

"No! Call Thor first, then get Bruce!"

"Are you serious?"

Oh my gods, they think I'm dead! This is great! Now you may be thinking, Great?! Get up Percy, you're obviously alive! But what you don't know is that I'll do almost anything for a prank, and I know how to pull a good one. I grew up with the both of the Stoll brothers, after all. I stayed perfectly flat, willing myself to stay as wet as possible. They didn't know that I could breathe underwater, this is amazing! I could feel Steve's fingers touch my wrists, checking to see if I had a pulse.

"He's... alive? How? He left for the pool at like 1:00 in the morning."

Then I heard Tony's voice. "No! You check his neck, move out of the way!" I was still marked on my neck, from the harpy 'attack'. Even if it was just a dream, they could do real damage, that water couldn't heal. (a/n: again, sorry if this is not story accurate, just for the fanfics purposes) So, I jumped up and scared the man! I could practically see his soul leave his body, and I burst out laughing. 

"What the- kid! You're alive! How?" Tony started, but Natasha eyed me suspiciously, as did Clint. 

Only Steve had the courage to say what they were thinking. "You have some explaining to do, sir." I hadn't thought about that one. Steve had known that I'd left for the pool, and that I'd been here since early. Only someone who could breathe underwater could do that. 

And in that moment, Thor burst in. "Son of Poseidon! I've seen you finally revealed thy's powers to the team! Therefore, you are now one of us! Behold, the Avengers latest member, Perseus Jackson, demigod, and Son of Poseidon!"