A Dramatic Awakening

When I woke up, I was back in the infirmary, Bruce and Tony beside me. Bruce had his back turned to me and looked like he was going through medical files and picking up medicines. Tony, on the other hand, was sitting down in a lounge chair slightly tilted at the foot of my bed, swiping around on a hologram. When he saw me open my eyes, he immediately swiped down whatever he was working on, and called out to Bruce. I assume. I could see their mouths move but their voices only left a ringing in my ears. Until eventually it went away. "Jackson? Can you hear us?" Tony said leaning in. I slightly nodded my head, wondering what had happened. Hadn't I just had a panic attack? Why was I here? And why couldn't I talk? This had to be a dream, it just had to be.

"Percy, what happened?" I should be the one asking you that. "I just assumed it was a panic attack, and then you fell and slit your head open. But there has to be something else going on." Bruce said, pulling up a hologram if his own. I wanted to speak but couldn't. What was wrong with me? Bruce looked at the hologram and then looked at me, then looked back at the hologram. (a/n: okay this next part definitely not medically accurate at all so just bear with me) "Percy," Bruce started his face paler than Nicos once was. That has to be a world record. "I- you have a really really bad infection. It's triggering cells in your body and affecting your brain drastically..." Bruce continued swiping around on his hologram.

"Well, how can we get rid of it?" Tony asked, now also looking at the hologram that reveled the nerves and cells inside my body. Bruce didn't answer for a while, and just ended up shaking his head.

"We'll just have to hope he's strong enough to fight it off- with a few antibodies. What do you think, Percy?" Bruce said as if I could respond. I guess he took my silence as a yes, and he helped me to sit up. Tony said that he was going to go make me some blue food, now that I was eating again. Also, because Bruce said it was important. When he left Bruce asked, "Why did you have that... episode in the first place? I thought it was just supposed to be a prank. Thank god that Nat can always tell the difference between when somebody's lying and when they're not. You got lucky." My head was spinning, with answers but even more questions. I couldn't let Tony feel responsible, take the blame for what happened. He would never forgive himself. Water boy, Leo. Everything around me was moving 100 miles an hour and I tried to just focus on one spot on the wall. Wait for everything to stop. "Was it something Tony said? Water boy? Did one of your friends call you that?" He pried at me with questions until I just nodded and looked at him in the eyes. He seemed to get the message; Don't tell Tony. He simply nodded, "He doesn't have to know."

Bruce came up to me and forced me to take some medication and Tony entered in with a plate of bright blue pasta. I was slowly eating, when Steve walked in. He knocked on the door frame and waltzed in, holding two files. "Hey Perce, nice to see you're up. Here are the files you asked for, Tony." I looked at the names a caught a glimpse of one. Alsoce. I closed my eyes and quickly unscrambled the letters. Solace. What were they doing with Wills file? 

"Thanks, Cap." He took them quickly and pressed them up against his chest, so I wouldn't be able to see them. Will disappeared almost a month ago, wait. No- that depends on how long I've been out. With my luck, a week minimum. 

Steve came over to me. "So, how ya feeling?" He asked.

"He can't talk." Bruce said without turning around.

"Why?" 

"Infection."

"How bad?"

Bruce must have forgotten that I could hear him. "Bad enough that he could die."