Do You Want to Fang Out?

The warm glow from Quinn's computer shines onto her face, serving as the only light source in the dark room. Fairy lights are strewn above her bed but are forever dark, due to the fuse being burnt out. She wraps a warm, fuzzy blanket around herself as she squirms under her covers trying to find a new comfortable position to lay in, letting out a satisfied grunt once doing so.

     "Mmh, what time is it?" She glances at the computer's clock to find it's already 11: 15 pm. Her eyes widen in surprise and yawns, it was only seven last time she looked at it! Time sure flies when you're reading about cryptids. She was researching one of her personal favorites, Gef the Talking Mongoose and along with a few others. It is getting quite late; she can read about Gef some other time. After closing her laptop, she turns over to face the wall before shutting her eyes; maybe she'll dream about some hot elves or some other creatures.

     Just as Quinn was about to fully fall asleep, she hears a tip, tap, tip at her window. She opens her eyes and nervously glances at it, what could that be? Could it be a monster? A burglar even? It could be nothing, maybe it's just a tree branch or an animal. She pulls the covers over her head, maybe if she ignores it, it'll go away, maybe she's just tired and it's part of her imagination. After a few moments of silence, she figures it was just her imagination and closes her eyes once more to go back to sleep, but then, she hears it again: tap, tip, tip.

     Quinn sits up and slowly reaches for a metal baseball bat she keeps next to her bed before slowly sliding out from her covers. Whatever is out there she hopes she can scare if off with this bat but hopefully doesn't have to use it. Once she's close to her window she can hear a muffled voice on the other side.

     "Oh, I hope this is the right home, I still feel terribly awful for spookin' those folks at the other two we visited, but third time's a charm!"

     That voice seems so familiar, that southern accent, it can't be! Quinn peaks behind her curtains to see a certain vampire standing on the other side of the glass with a man slouching next to him.

     "Ezra?!" She puts her bat down before opening the curtains. She had met him once before and was able to get to know him a little bit when she stayed the night at his apartment, due to a werewolf being near the premises. He may be a little strange, other than being a vampire, like the way he talks from time to time but he's alright. She opens the window and sticks her head out. "What are you doing at my window?"

     "Howdy Quinn!" He happily waves at her, sporting a flannel and ripped jeans. "You remember Frank, right?" He puts his arms around the man standing next to him. "I figured you would be in your room at his time of hour, so I thought it would get your attention more."

     "Yo." Frank sticks his hands in his hoodie pocket and nods at her.

     Quinn stares at them in confusion, why on earth are they here? She doesn't recall giving either of them her address. "Well, yes, kinda? Wait, wait, wait, I don't think I ever told you where I-"

     "Oh, I tried followin' your scent! Frank also said he saw ya walk down this street when he was out last time." Ezra points at Frank before fixing his hair, he quite enjoyed spending time with Quinn. He barely gets to spend time with anyone other than Frank and it can be quite lonely, he's desperate for any kind of friendship.

     "What?" She stares at them in silence for a moment, why do both of them have to be creepy?

     "I hope that's not too strange, but I had such a good ol' time with ya I was wonderin' if you would like to hang out with us? We're goin' to the gas station to get some more snacks! Frank is getting low on his Twinkies, and he can get quite grumpy."