Fanging Out

The bitter air smacks Quinn in the face as she steps out of her cozy home making her freckled nose scrunch in discomfort. She pulls her hoodie over her head before locking the front door and quickly makes her way towards her destination.

     "It's too cold for this." She mutters to herself as she adjusts the backpack straps on her shoulders.

     The stars from the heavens above twinkle as if a million fireflies are watching over her with a sharp crescent moon fitted snuggly in the corner, as if it was tasked with watching the swarm of insects. Tonight, Ezra asked her to spend the night at his and Frank's apartment now that they're officially friends because, "That's what friends do" according to him. Even if he can be a bit strange at times Quinn is starting to warm up to him; she herself has grown lonely due to most of her friends having moved away for college, while she's still stuck in this crumby town due to her lack of money.

     Once she sees the apartment complex in the distance, she wonders what plans Ezra has conjured up for tonight. Whatever it is, she knows it won't be boring. Quinn stops once she's close enough to the complex and thinks for a moment, did he ever tell her his apartment number? She didn't bother to look the last time she was there. She takes out a folded piece of paper out of her pant pocket and looks over the note Ezra gave her:

     "Quinn hello, it's me Ezra! Now that we're officially friends I would like to invite you to a fun-filled slumber party with me and Frank, because that's what friends do! You remember our place in Hollow Creek, right? Oh I'm sure you do! can you please come at 7 o'clock sharp? I hope to see you there!"

     Damnit, he didn't. Quinn sighs and rubs her head; she doesn't even have his or Frank's number. Does Ezra even have a phone? Suddenly a hand falls upon her shoulder making her snap out of her thoughts and scream, dropping her note.

     "Yo chill, it's just me."

     She quickly looks to her right to see Frank with a half-eaten Twinkie in his other hand, making her sigh in relief.

     "You scared the hell out of me!" She bends down to pick up the piece of paper.

     "Sorry, I just wanted to make sure you came to the right apartment number." He shoves the rest of the Twinkie in his mouth and glances at Quinn when she picks up the note. "I don't think Ezra ever wrote it down."

     "He didn't." She shoves the note back in her pocket and looks away from Frank, not wanting to see him talk with his mouth full.

     "Come on." He starts walking away and throws the wrapper in a nearby trash can while Quinn fixes her backpack straps again before following him; this is the most she's ever heard him talk before.

     "So, how long have you known Ezra?"

     "A couple years."

     "And he started living with you...?"

     "A year ago."

     "I see, it must be interesting living with a vampire." Quinn glances at the doors as they pass by them, loud workout music can be heard from one of them.

     "Eh, I guess." He stops in front of a door with dull golden numbers nailed onto it, 107.

     Before Quinn could even knock on it, the door suddenly swings open to reveal the pale vampire.

     "Quinn, you made it right on time!" Ezra immediately pulls her into a rather alarming tight hug while Frank slips past them to sit on the couch.

     "Good to see you too-" She wheezes a little from how strong he is.

     "Come in, come in!" Ezra eventually lets go of her and steps aside. She smiles a little before stepping into the warm room, a pleased sigh escapes from her.