~ Snow Day ~

The North Pole.

"This better be good, North," The Easter Bunny complains in that thick Australian accent of his. He is busy painting a singular egg, preparing for his upcoming holiday.

Sandman flashes confused symbols above his head in question.

"I know, I know," North sympathises, "Bunny, Sandy, Tooth... I obviously wouldn't have called you all here if this wasn't serious."

The Rabbit and Sandman follow aimlessly as The Tooth Fairy tries to shush her little fairies chatter.

"The Boogeyman was here!" North exclaims, quickly gaining everyone's attention. "At. The. Pole." He makes clear.

"Pitch!?" Tooth gasps. "Pitch Black?" A worried look overcasts her face. The other two wear matching concern.

"Yes!" North confirms, "there was black sand covering the globe!"

Bunny stops in his tracks, tilting his head to look at his old friend. "What- what do you mean black sand?" He stammers, obviously annoyed.

"And a shadow!" North tells him, pointing towards the corners of the open room.

"Hold on hold on," the Rabbit says, pausing in his egg painting, "I thought you said you saw Pitch?"

"Well," North hesitates, "not exactly." This earns him a pissed expression from Bunny who looks towards his other friends for help. Sandy merely pops up a question mark, equally confused. "Look," North continues, "he's up to something very bad. I feel it," he pauses, placing both giant hands on his lower stomach, "in my belly."

Bunny scoffs, "hang on hang on. You mean to say you summoned me here, three days before Easter, because of your belly!?" He pokes North's stomach with his paintbrush. "Mate, if I did this to you three days before Christmas-"

North shushes him, "please, Bunny. Easter his not Christmas." He states simply, taking the nearly completed egg.

The Rabbit laughs scornfully, "here we go. Look North I don't have time for this!" He shouts, chasing after the big red man.

As they continue to argue the moon appears through the opening in the roof, confusingly in broad daylight. Sandy seems to be the only one who notices.

"No matter how much you paint," North says, "it's still egg."

"Hey hey mate I'm dealing with perishables here!" Bunny shouts, snatching his project back. "You've got all bloody year to prepare."

To no avail, the mute Sandman waves his arms, trying to gain their attention.

The fairy wanders in between the shouting males, organising destinations for her fairies. "Tooth! Cant you see we trying to argue here!?" North yells at her.

"Sorry," she replies simply, "not all of us only get to work one night a year," she says with a smirk. "Isn't that right Sandy?"

The small man frantically points towards the sky yet no one realises what he's trying to say.

Fed up with being ignored, Sandy grabs a nearby elf and shakes it heavily, ringing the little bell on its hat. Finally capturing their attention, he gestures again to the now blinding celestial.

"Ah!" North exclaims. "Man in Moon! Sandy, why didn't you say something," he inquires, earning himself a very angry look. "It's been a long time, old friend," he shouts to the sky. "What is big news?"

The guardians clear a path for the light to filter through at its brightest. A shadow appears on the ground, imitating the figure of the boogeyman.

"It is pitch," Bunny states.