~ The Final Battle pt 2 ~

Sandy?

The children exclaim in complete adoration and wonder as the Dreamsand spreads throughout the sky. From behind me, I watch as Tooth begins fluttering her wings again and she goes into the air.

I turn to Jack and he immediately crashes into my arms, clearly overwhelmed by the joy. All around us, the nightmares turn into beautiful golden dreams. I laugh gleefully as Jack spins us around.

Across the road North pulls out his twin swords and cheers with his found power. "Oh yeah!!" I hear Monty chirp.

"No!" Pitch cries from the building top and I let go of Jack to look at him smugly. "Get them!! Do your jobs!!!" He orders the nightmares and I watch the remaining few chase after the still small Bunny.

"Oh shit," I mumble and before I can do anything with my powers, North thrashes two spheres against the ground. Two big orbs of blue light appears on either side of the excited Guardian.

Portals.

Coming through them is a stampede of Yeti, carrying a variety of makeshift weapons to fight with. Even the little elves wonder through.

"No way!!" The twins cry out as the beasts storm past them. Everyone looks through the streets as a multitude of bright colourful toys make their way through the air. I turn to Jack, absolutely gobsmacked and can't help but laugh at the relief blooming in my chest. I gifts me with a sly wink, letting me know he feels the same way.

Bunny's whimpers takes me out of my daze as he hurries under a car. I begin taking down some of the creatures until one of the horses grabs the Guardian by the tail and pulls him out.

Back to being the cocky, full grown rabbit we know and love. "Gday, Mate," he chuckles, getting his boomerangs free.

"Glad you can finally help us," I shout at him as the joyful glee of children continues to fill my ears. He looks at me unamused until a slight grin tugs at the corners of his mouth. Bunny stomps his foot twice and sink holes appear in the road. One opens up beneath me and I fall atop one of his giant glorious moss ridden rock eggs. I can't contain my gasp as I ascend above ground.

"Cmon!!" Bunny yells as a battle cry as everyone - children, yetis, elves, toys and guardians begin charging at the remains of Pitch's army.

I look down at Jack as I tip off the back of the now moving egg. He steadies my landing as we both smiles uncontrollably at this beautiful hope that lies before us. We watch as our makeshift troops take down more and more Nightmares.

However darkness on the roof catches my attention and Jack's gaze quickly follows. "Let's put an end to this bastard," I state before we make our way to the adjacent building. Jack sends a trail of ice at Pitch and he's forced backwards.

He's clearly flustered

Losing his defence.

Vulnerable.

The chase is on as the two of us continue our attacks. I hear cheering from Tooth as she speeds around from our rear. Bunny surprisingly pops out from a chimney and North is nowhere to be seen. We corner pitch on the edge of this roof and his eyes dart every which way for a possible escape. "There's no where to run Pitch," I remark, stating the obvious.

"Ah," he purrs, regaining composer, "but I can jump." With that, he turns around and leaps of the edge, colliding with an upcoming North.

They both tumble and fall onto the road. I dart after, aiding my friend. Bunny, Tooth and Jack are right behind me and we each take turns landing blows on Pitch. I kick him hard in the jaw and the 5 of us watch as he stumbles back.