~ The Final Battle pt 1 ~

Pitch.

"Get Jaime out of here," Jack orders before swiftly taking off and heading towards that motherfucker.

"Jack," I scorns, chasing after to make sure he doesn't kill himself.

"Be careful, you two!" I hear North shout from below.

The Boogeyman does not look happy with our arrival. "You two fucking lovebirds," he curses, sighing heavily. His mist warps around him and he charges for the two of us. "Let's end this, shall we!?" He screams. Jack sends that same powerfully destructive move against Pitch.

But he blocks it.

I'm momentarily shocked, wondering how the hell he just stopped all that power.

"That little trick doesn't work on me anymore!" Pitch taunts.

No child in this world, besides Jaime, has belief anymore. No dreams and special memories or wonder and hope. Nothing. Pitch has gotten stronger due to all the fear.

I throw out all the force I can muster to try and help Jack. Our opponent skids back and he is unexpectedly weak. I think we've bested him.

Although he returns a stronger blow.

The impact hits Jack directly in the chest and he spirals downwards. I watch as Pitch too stumbles backwards and I'm left with the exact same choice.

Seconds lengthen.

I could possibly destroy this asshole right here and now - or it could all be an act to trap and kill me.

I can't be sure.

The moment stretches on.

I don't know what that blow did to Jack, if he's even conscious - but I do know a fall like this could kill him.

The choice is easy, like it was the last time. Pitch is staring at me and I flip him off before diving after my friend.

I catch up and grab onto him, "Jack?" I urge, hoping he's okay. I unfortunately realise too late that we are extremely close to the ground. As a last minute thought I create a water tunnel to slow the blow.

It doesn't work that well.

Although I twist our bodies and my back hits the ground hard in an alleyway, returning his favour from that day so long ago.

"Oh my gosh!" I hear Jaime shout as splashing footsteps bombard us. I dry our bodies but I do not have the energy to take the giant puddle away.

"Ugh," I groan and the kid pulls my friend off me before Tooth lends me a hand.

"I'm so sorry," Jack mumbles, putting a weak hand on my arm. I just shake my head feebly and hold up an OK sign.

"That was good try, you two," North compliments. "A for effort." I grumble at him as I try to massage my neck.

"He's stronger," Jack informs, "more powerful. We weren't able to beat him."

I watch as North looks at Tooth and their faces are completely despondent.

"No," I protest. "We can't give up after one run?" I say shocked at these low spirits. I mean fair enough, all the joy in the world is basically lost, but believe. "Jack after you fell, he was weak," I say. "We have a chance. I saw it."