~ Remember ~

I really don't like this new thing of waking up to a pounding headache. My eyes adjust to the barely 2 meters wide crevasse that I lay in. I spot a small blurry object a couple feet of me and crawl towards it. "Baby Tooth!" I realise quickly and shake my head to rid the nausea.

It does not work.

I sway and have to pause for a second before going to pick up the small fairy. She is shivering but thankfully snuggles into the cup of hands to get warm. "I hope your okay," I whisper and she nods before hopping into my jumper pocket. Then it hits me.

Jack.

I swirl and see him folded roughly against the wall. "Hey hey hey," I hush, gently moving his shoulder.

He opens his eyes slowly and seems to have the same aching that I do. He smiles at me and looks around the clearing, "you alright?" He asks, putting a hand to my cheek. I can't help flinching as the cold touch sends a shiver through my body.

"Sorry," I mumble, hating to see him so disheartened.

"Wait where's Baby Tooth?" He panics, and she slowly pop her head out from my pocket, before quickly tucking back in. Jack dispiritedly sits down and lays against the wall. Not knowing what else to do, I sit down next to him, leaning my head on his shoulder.

The blanket of silence around us is full of heavy regret. What have we done.

"(Y/n)?"

I look to my friend in question although it sounded too far away to be coming from him. "What the," he remarks, looking down at my pocket.

And it's glowing.

"Oh my god," I stumble confused and reach into it only to pull out the golden metal canister Pitch gave us. Tooth crawls out with it and into Jack's own pocket.

"Jack" a young girl drawls. Soon enough, his pocket is glowing too.

We sit down across from each other. The two of us holding our gifts. Baby Tooth glances at each of us in turn before gentle patting Jack's object. I look to him and he looks at me. "Together?" I suggest and he nods at that. I place my index finger in the blue diamond on the flat surface.

Then the world fades away.

I see a younger version of myself. With.... A sister?

We're running through a backyard towards a river. "Stay safe, my loves!" A female voice calls out.

I'm helping an elderly man carry bags across the street, he thanks me with a warm smile.

"Aww, honey," rings through the air as I present a handmade beaded bracelet to my father alongside freshly picked flowers.

I'm laying on my back in a meadow with the girl who looks just like me. "I love you," I say and she turns to me.

"I love you more."

"Impossible," I gasp and I go to tickle her stomach. We both erupt into a fit of laughter.

Now I'm running through thick snow at a new house, I run straight into..... Jack!? I hug him tight, "thank you for inviting me over," I mumble into his shoulder and he kisses the top of my head.

Then it's Summer and Jack is there again. He is talking to me as we sit on dry rocks on the edge of the river.

Seasons change and the leaves turn red and orange while some trees are barren.