XLIX

|Don't Test My Love|

"A momentous day" __

"A momentous day"
__

Vernon finished wiping the rest of Seungkwan's body clean, paying particular attention to the bites he had scattered around his plump flesh. They had to head back to everyone they left in the bedroom. They were anticipating a flood of questions because no matter how much the two tried to fix themselves, they were heavily dishevelled, hair messy, lips swollen nipped, skin red in visible areas. Bites.

Seungkwan smiled a little, looking down at his thighs that he remembered Vernon eagerly biting into. He had forgotten that he and Soonyoung had a little bet going on and that he had won. Swiftly might he say so himself.

Seungkwan glanced up and he gazed at the pale hand looming over his head, and soon he took it and Vernon helped lift him up and to his feet. Seungkwan didn't shy away from Vernon as he helped him pull his shirt over his head. Always so helpful... so gentle.

As Vernon turned to grab the door handle, Seungkwan took his free hand into his and pulled himself closer to Vernon's cool body, snuggling himself into the other boy for comfort. He wasn't sure why but he felt so much closer to Vernon now than he ever did. Like they had a special connection, one that no one could intrude on.

Vernon didn't say anything to Seungkwan's sudden clinginess. He most likely anticipated this outcome. He knew Seungkwan well enough to know what a shared moment of intimacy probably meant to him. Connection. While it was quite the opposite for Vernon. It was merely an act of progression. Needed in a sense but not particularly valuable to him.

He will admit that he had his fun. Seungkwan's body was filled with pleasant surprises and the other boy would probably be joyed to know Vernon had no intention of taking advantage of him through it. Except this once of course. Immediate pleasures weren't his forte, he liked something that lasted for long periods. He liked a good... slow burn.

And a good roast. Vernon smiled to himself, hungry this time for real.

He pulled the two of them through the door with a shift, and they were headed toward the bedroom. But they did not make it there because Seungkwan had tugged at him at the staircase and they both stopped. Vernon turned to him with his brow furrowed up.

"Is something wrong?" Vernon asked, he used his thumb to brush the curl of hair from the other boy's face.

Seungkwan shook his head and he bit his bottom swollen red lip. Vernon knew a shake meant no, but the look on his face matched those stupid posters around school about what to do when you're dealing with a depressive episode. He knew well enough it was a face of 'something is up.' and 'I need to talk.'

"Tell me... you know..." Vernon stepped closer, to close the space between them. He placed his hand on the boy's shoulder, to provide some kind of comfort. "You can tell me anything."