XXXV

|Attention|

"He knew things that we didn't even have to tell him

"He knew things that we didn't even have to tell him."

"He saw things that we didn't even need to show him. "

"He fixed things we didn't even know had
broken."
__

Trigger warning. Mentions of suicide and self harm.

There was something that had been bothering Vernon for a while now. When he saw it the first time, it made him feel strange.

He had thought about what he should do about this problem.

He wondered whether this sort of thing was wrong.

He tried to think about it but he couldn't come up with a reason. Since he couldn't do it. He simply decided he would let it go and not think about it anymore but...

He couldn't do it. The thought. The image. The feeling. The feeling. He couldn't let go of the feeling. What he felt when he saw it.

It felt like something harsh and tightening was around his chest. Like there was a pull at his throat. A pressure in his stomach. He felt aggressive but upset at the same time and he wasn't sure which feeling was more dominant.

He felt something. For a long while he felt something . He felt something that he hadn't felt before.

In that very moment as well, he touched his face and he noticed a difference. He was making an expression. His very own expression. Not an imitation. Not a forced face. No he was making an expression that he had created on his very own.

But he didn't like it. He didn't like this expression. He hated it. He hated it yet he couldn't understand it. Why he'd make it.

All he knew is that it won't go away. Even now, a while after seeing it. Everytime he thought about it, it came back again. If this is what feelings were like, Vernon didn't want them.

But what could he do about it—

Well. There was something.

Vernon didn't think he'd have to resort to it so soon but what else could he do about it? He needed this to end as soon as possible, and he wanted to make sure it would never happen again.

"Vernon."

"Vernon."

"Vernon?"

Vernon turned his head up. His eyes glued onto Jihoon who had found his way onto his desk. It seemed that the class had ended and lunch had come.

Jihoon was the first one to get to him. Alone at that. How lucky was he. Now he could ask Vernon anything he wished.

Unfortunately for him though. Vernon had no time for him or his questions. If Jihoon refused to be what Vernon wanted then what use was he?