XIV

|Black Pools|

Noun. gut feeling (plural gut feelings) (idiomatic) An instinct or intuition; an immediate or basic feeling or reaction without a logical rationale. 'When something seems off, I get this gut feeling that I'm in danger."

__

Seungkwan sat alone, siping down on a green straw the fresh clear liquid from the water replenishing his lips as he sat patiently waiting for Vernon's return.

His cheeks beamed a short stain of red. Not because moments before he was bashed into a state of pure shock, but instead because Vernon gave him permission to talk to Seungcheol again.

Seungkwan didn't understand why this open permission made him so happy, because Seungkwan would have found a way to get to Seungcheol secretly anyways before but now it seemed like Vernon's word of approval was like a protective cloak.

He wanted to laugh in Mingyu's face and tease him 'I can talk to Seungcheol, ha you thought you could keep us apart but you can't.' But Seungkwan knew well enough that wasn't the brightest of ideas so he kept it to himself.

He glanced up for a moment, to take a quick glance at Seungcheol to see if maybe he had been thinking of him too, and would return his glance.

But he didn't which Seungkwan expected anyways.

Seungcheol sat laid back, that same charming smile plastered his face as he went on about whatever he talks about with his group of douchebags, maybe about how many girls he's fucked, or talking crap about some big insecurity of someone they know. Just simple things, your average bully would converse about.

Although Seungkwan could admit, he hated the way Seungcheol was with his friends. But when they were alone, Seungcheol could be a total romantic, someone worth suffering for.

What's this?

Seungkwan's eyes widened. He watched as Seungcheol leaned into Jeonghan's ear to whisper something to him only to receive a soft blush in return.

What's going on with those two?

Seungkwan thought the straw to his water plopped out of his mouth as he focused his attention on the two now visibly flirting with each other.

"Seung..." Seungkwan tried to speak but his voice was faint and his words couldn't reach them. Not to mention, his throat ached from just moving his mouth open to breathe. Mingyu really did a number on him.

"We're back," Seungkwan's eyes shifted over to Vernon and Soonyoung returning.

Soonyoung's face beamed up like a lightbulb, he was smiling like someone that had just took Xanax, there was no limit to his excitement as he quickly began to hand out the food to the others.