I object!

Scott's POV

I was panicking, it had been three days. Three days! Today was my last day until I would have to marry a princess if I couldn't find a prince. It was nearly noon and I was sitting in my room, head in hands. My mind kept flashing back to Jimmy, but I forced myself to shove him aside for now, I had to think of someone. 

My door opened and dad came walking in. "Scott, it's time. Have you found your future King?"

I dropped my head to look at the ground. "Not yet..."

"I'm afraid you are scheduled to meet a princess further this evening."

My head immediately snapped back up. "W-What! But dad!"

"No buts Scott, you've had three days. Start getting ready." He then turned around and left without another word. I felt a tear run down my face. I didn't do in time. I had to marry a princess. 

Jimmy's POV

I overheard my parents talking, my curiosity got the better of me when I heard a name. I sneakily walked over to the wall and hid.

"The King of Rivendell said the ceremony will be held later this evening." My dad was saying.

What was he talking about? What ceremony? I kept listening.

"We will send our congratulations but we can't leave the kingdom unattended, we will have to skip this one."

"Agreed, it's good to see the prince has finally found a princess to help run Rivendell when he's crowned King."

My heart shattered. S-Scott? Had Scott found someone already? I ran back to my room and slammed my door shut, then went to sit on my bed. 

"Jimmy? Is that you?" I heard my mum call out. I just ignored her. Then I remembered the deal he had with his parents, he had three days to find a King. His three days must be up and his parents have chosen a Queen for him. I suddenly had an idea...

Scott's POV

"Dad please! I don't want to marry someone I don't love!" I had been begging all afternoon, but he wouldn't budge. I had no choose, I guess today was my wedding day. The 'happiest day of my life,' or so it was meant to be. I sighed and went to get ready. Once I was ready, I walked out of my room and together we walked to the ceremony.

~The middle of the wedding~

"Do you, Scott, take Chloe to be your lawfully wedded wife till death do you part?"

I hesitated for a second, then caught my dad's gaze in the audience and knew I would be in big trouble if I rejected it. "I-I do."

"And do you, Chloe, take Scott to be your lawfully wedded husband till death do you part?"

"I do!"

"You may now ki-"

"Stop the wedding!" Everyone turned to the voice coming from the entrance of the church. Jimmy came walking in, a determined look in his eye. I had never seen him like this before. What was he doing? "I object!" I was shocked, I did not expect this.

"I'm afraid you ca-"

"Scott..." He kept walking until he was stood right in front of me, blocking Chloe. She didn't seem too happy with this. "I-I'm sorry I didn't realize this sooner but I-I..." He paused and took my hand in his, making me blush. "Scott, I like you. I have ever since we met but I just didn't know it until now." I couldn't believe it, he had just confessed to me. 

"I like you too." I smiled and pulled him into a kiss. everything around us seemed to vanish, leaving just us. All I could think about in that moment was Jimmy.

"What are you doing!" Chloe yelled in her whiny voice. "You ruined our wedding!"

We pulled away and both turned to face Chloe. "Actually Chloe, the reason we are both here is because we had no choose in the matter."

She ignored me and turned to Jimmy. "You! This is your fault!"

I stepped between the two. "Leave Jimmy out of this!"

She looked at me, then looked back at Jimmy and realized she had been defeated. "Uh! Fine! Whatever! Your loss!" Then she stormed off. I remembered the crowd watching us, then my face started heating up from  embarrassment and Jimmy and I turned back towards them. Everyone was silent. Then suddenly one by one, people started to stand up and slap. The first was Xornoth, followed by mum and dad, then a few others joined. Soon the whole room was filled with clapping.

Jimmy and I turned to each other, confused, then mum and dad came over to us. "Scott, I'm sorry I didn't realize what kind of a person Chloe was."

"What your father's trying to say Scott, is that we are sorry for setting you up with someone, we should have trusted you to make your own decision."

"I wish you had of but I forgive you."

"So..." Dad continued on. "When's the wedding?" 

"Dad!" I couldn't believe him. I grabbed Jimmy's hand and dragged him away. When we were safely in my room, away from prying eyes, we sat down on my bed. "Sorry about that."

"I-It's ok...um..." He looked like he wanted to say something, but was too nervous to tell me, then I remembered the kiss.

"Yeah...so...uh..." Nether of us could even get out a full sentence.

"Yeah..." Suddenly the door swung open, making us both jump. 

"Spill the tea! What happened?" Lizzie came running in.

"Lizzie!" Jimmy yelled, looking embarrassed. We eventually told Lizzie what had happened and she would not stop squealing. 

She eventually calmed down and looked between us. "Oh...uh-I gotta go!" She then ran out, leaving me and Jimmy very confused.

I turned to look at him. "Um..."

"Yeah I have no idea what that was." He chuckled a little.

"Um...Jimmy?" I looked down and rubbed my arm nervously.

"Yeah?"

"Um...I was thinking, maybe you might like to...I don't know...g-go on a d-date with me?"

"Y-Yeah, of c-course." I looked up, my smile growing. He smiled back.

"H-How about tomorrow night?"

"S-Sure!" We then heard a squeal from the other side of the door. I put my finger up to my lip, symbolizing for Jimmy to be quiet. Then quietly walked over to the door. I pulled it open and Lizzie was stood on the other side with her ear up to the door way where the door once was.

"Lizzie!" We both yelled.

"Oh heyyyyyy guyyyyys, so...whatcha up to?" We both just gave her the death stare, she eventually got the hint and awkwardly backed out of the situation. "I know where I'm not wanted..."

We looked at each other and started laughing at how silly Lizzie was.