lies lies lies

People be lying
knowing they
lying knowing
you know
they're lying
and still, lie.

Anastasia pov

I sat there for five minutes, and they still didn't notice me; they talked about lucid dreams.

"Who is going to do lucid dreaming?" Asked Dr wells as he walked in.

"With all of the meta-humans in the central city, people have been seeing some strange things, things that they don't understand, and just a matter of time before psychological issues developed," Caitlin said quickly.

"And the lucid dreams will help the doctors better understand their fears. Intriguing." Dr. Wells said, and I finally got up from my seat.

"Of course, you still need to guide the patient from the outside, direct them to specific aspects of the dream," I added, and everyone looked at me.

"A- Ana, how long have you been here?" Asked Caitlin.

"Since you all walked in," I said.

"We're still working on a communication interface," Cisco admitted.

"When we dream, the middle brain lights up with electrical activity, whereas the higher brain remains dormant. Once we find a way to make both parts of the brain active, then it's just a matter of finding the frequency that will stimulate the language center." Dr wells explained.
"Then the dreams could speak.
He could describe his dream." Caitlin said.

"Exactly." Dr wells smiled.

"Or her dream, it could be used for anyone."

"Right, it's not gendered specific." Dr wells added.

"I would try a frequency of 45 hertz to start," I said.

"Thank you, Ana, Dr wells." Caitlin smiled.

"Well, you never cease to impress me, Caitlin." Dr wells added as he wheeled away.

I sat next to Caitlin as she typed on the computer; she seemed so...stressed. "Are you OK?" I asked and put a hand on her shoulder.

She jumped a bit but replied. "I'm fine..."

Dr wells wheeled into the cortex. "Hello, Dr wells. How was your lecture?" Caitlin asked.

"Oh boring, tedious."

"Platitudinous?" I asked.

"Couldn't have said it better myself.
Um, where...where's Cisco?" Dr wells asked as Caitlin walked to the computers in the cortex.

"Uh, he is in the bunker.
He thinks he finally figured out what went wrong at Christmas.
You know, when we were trying to catch the reverse flash?"

"Yes, I remember that night.
Well, what did he say he found?"

"Nope, I just said it was important," Caitlin answered.

"Hmmm, good for Cisco.
Okay, well, maybe I'll wheel on down there." Dr wells said and left.

"What's wrong with you?
You've been acting strangely and... distant." I walked to her.

"I... I found out someone I cared about lied to me...and I... I'm scared to get hurt like that." She answered.

"I'm so sorry. Is there anything I can do?" I asked as I sat next to her.

"Promise to never betray me." She said coldly.

"I'll try my best." I smiled.

The screen in front of us popped with the security camera video of the banker.

Catlin and I looked at the screen with shock. Tears streamed down my face.

The moment Dr wells walked close to Cisco, I took my cold widow bites out; no one was going to hurt my friends again.

I ran with Caitlin to the bunker.

But by the time we got there, Dr wells was already on the floor in his own blood.

"Cisco, are you OK?" Caitlin asked as she walked and hugged him.

"Yeah, I'm never ever going to sleep again, but yeah, I'm ok."

Caitlin bent over next to Barry to see Dr wells, and I walked closer.

"What is she doing here?" Joe asked, looking at me.

"It doesn't matter; he didn't confess." Barry said. "Joe, this was it. My dad is going to be in prison forever."

"Barry, I'm sorry."

"Wow!" Cisco said as Dr. Wells's body... morphed into... Hannibal bates?

"What the hell?" Cisco asked.

"I told you this before. I am always one step ahead, flash." Dr wells voice came through the speakers, "allow me to reintroduce to you to Mr Hannibal bates!
That has an incredible ability to transform himself into any person he touches.
I knew that ability would come in handy. I didn't expect it to come in handy this soon."

"You used him. Like you used all of us!" I yelled.

"No, he served a certain purpose.
It didn't take much convincing, just a simple promise of his freedom."

"You ruined my life! All of our lives!"

"We stood by you after everything that happened." Caitlin added.

"I can see how this must be difficult for you to understand, but trust me, your lives are so much better because of what I have done for you."

"You don't have to hide anymore; we know you're not Harrison wells. Just tell us who you are." Joe said.

"A confession will get you nowhere;
You've seen who I am.
You know what I can do."

"You want to kill me; go ahead.
I'm not going to fight you.
But... Just tell the police what you did.get my dad out of prison!"

"I don't want to kill you, barry. I need you.
And... I also did not anticipate, as difficult as the past 15 years have been for me, how much I would come to love working with you with all of you.
And yet, that does not change what needs to happen."

"Then face me now!"

"Oh, we will face each other again, I promise you. Soon, very soon."

"He is in the time vault!" Cisco said. Time vault?

"Barry!" Joe yelled after Barry ran out.

Barry whoosed to the cortex, "we have to find iris," He said and walked to his suit.

"Why?" Joe asked.

"Wells, he has been watching all of us.
He has surveillance footage set up everywhere.
Our home, my lab at the police station, central city news.
Cisco call me when you have a location." Barry ran out.

"You all know about this?" I asked them.

"Ana. I'm so sorry." Caitlin said.

"I will deal with this later; now we have a fucker to catch." I wiped my tears and sat to work.

"I thought we were beginning to be like a family!
I placed my trust in you and you betray me!" I yelled as Cisco Caitlin and Barry set in front of me.

"Beginning to be like a family?
We aren't we your family?" Asked Caitlin

"Because FAMILY DONT LIE!
the first thing you learn where I grow up is not to trust anyone, not even yourself, but I did, I trusted you, I was mistaken." I said and left.

Tomorrow is holocaust memorial day, martyrs remembrance day so I will not be posting, have a lovely morning/noon/afternoon/evening/night or just a good day