Senior Prom (flashback) 40

At prom

Barry and the boys get out of the car and head into the gym where the prom is held Barry takes a big breath in; he prepares to see Caitlin there, he watches as a famillar face walks by. 

"Patty!" He acts surpised. 

"Barry? Right?" She remembers him from drama club. 

"You played the main role in the school play." Patty explains. 

"Yes... that's right." Barry smiles; for the first time he felt calm. 

"Are you here with anyone?" Barry asks. 

"No.. just me." Patty explains that no-one would date her because of her braces. 

"Do you wanna save me a dance?" Barry asks. 

He see's a limo with ribbon tied on the front pull up. Patty is still talking to him. 

He sees the door open and Caitlin slides out with a blue sparkly dress; Barry's jaw drops. 

"Watch out it's Caitlin and her hot-" Patty looks at Barry staring at Caitlin. 

"Earth to Allen.. Allen come in?" Patty waves her hands in front of his face. 

Caitlin walks closer; Barry bites his lip. She completly walks past him; as if he was invisible. 

"Wow.. she completly ghosted you."  Patty says honestly. 

Barry's face saddens; Patty notices. 

"Let's go in shall we?" Patty places her arm through Barry's 

"Uh... yeah.. sure.." Barry walks in looking for Caitlin. 

"Let's try and have fun Barr.. due to it being my first offical date."

"Don't call me Barr." Barry says coldly. 

"I am just going to get some punch." Patty lets go of Barry's arm and scoffs. 

Barry notices on the dance floor that Caitlin and Julian are dancing to the music. Julian seems distant; Barry notices this. 

'typical, he doesn't even look slightly intrested in dancing with her; if that was me.. I would whisper sweet nothings to her, just an idiot! ' Barry thinks to himself. 

Caitlin's POV

Caitlin looks around the room; as Julian isn't really intrested in the prom; as usual he is probably thinking about the parties and the other girls; Caitlin always knew this. She just didn't see the red flags sooner. She notices Barry. She sees Patty Spivot go over with a drink of punch. 

"Hey Ju, I am gonna go to the bathroom quick." She lets go of him and walks past Barry and Patty. Barry notices this. Does he go after her? Or have fun with a girl that he only recconected with?

***

To be continued...