Talent Factor

We made it back to the gate, the small hole still in the same spot as it was before. "Do we have a plan?" I asked Layla shook her head and pointed to her nose, it twiddled ever so slightly like a rabbit "I'll sense them when we're close" she beamed, seemingly proud.

Climbing through the gate Layla stopped me before we went any further and reached into a small purse she had attached to her hip. She reached inside of it but her arm kept going deeper and deeper. Stared in shock as she pulled out a cap and a T-shirt
"How deep os that bag!" I shouted, "it's a bottomless bag, my mother gave it to me for my 14th birthday. She had to hide it from my adopted careers though so I've had to hide it for years, well until I ran away" she said looking down to the ground, as if she was searching for a memory, she snapped her felt out of it and gave the to items to me "here put these on, we need to be discreet"

I stared, "Infront of you?" I asked and she nodded, I felt my face immediately heat up "I can turn around if you want drama queen" she scoffed, I took the clothes from her and as she turned around I quickly took my top off, the air felt much cooler than before, the sharp air attacking my bare chest allowing a strange sensation to tickle my body, just as quickly however I replaced the shirt with the one Layla had given me and put the cap on my head "ready" I chimed although once I looked up at Layla she had apparently also changed her clothing, this time she had a pair of cheerleader shorts on and her hair was straight instead of curly, her top matched her shorts and didn't cover her stomach which was a little more than distracting.
"Let's go" she smiled as we began walking towards the back entrance of the school

The school didn't seem any different, I was lucky to have Layla with me. She was one of the good students apparently so she new where she was going and what she was doing. The way she glided through the halls effortlessly and out of the teachers eyes was the most admirable thing I've ever seen, like something straight out of a spy movie.
Her head tilted upwards and she began sniffing the air "this way" she whispered as she walked down a particularly busy corridor filled with students moving towards there lockers to collect books or folders. Layla looked through the windows of each door down the hall whilst trying not to cause suspicion, eventually she stopped outside of a room with quiet strums coming from the inside, she placed her finger on her lips as she slowly opened the door and we stepped inside.

Inside there were a group of students, mostly girls but with a couple guys all staring and listening intently at another guy strumming at a guitar, seemingly in his own world, he looked to be around my age and he had sunset yellow hair that curled just at the tips ever so slightly, his skin was beautifully pale yet not sickly, once he opened his eyes to look at his guitar I could see his piercing blue eyes, they were big and bright. He didn't say or sing anything, he just strummed away, the guitar itself looked old yet well kept, treated with care.
He continued to strum at his guitar, changing his finger placements every once in a while to play a different melody, I noticed on his hand was the same scar that appeared on my chest and Layla's stomach
"It's him" I whispered to Layla, she followed my gaze and nodded.
We waited until the boy stopped playing and began putting his guitar away, the other people in the room quickly left to head towards there next class, however one boy stayed just a bit longer he had matte black hair and wore a leather jacket over a dark T-shirt with black ripped jeans and combat style boots, he stayed sat on the floor just staring at the golden headed guitarist, it sent chills up my spine, he turned his head a noticed we were watching him then he quickly got up to leave without saying a word.

When I turned my head back towards the guitarist he was already talking to Layla, I walked over just in time to hear him introduce himself "my names Codrin" he smiled, it was one of those smiles that could brighten a room. But I tried not to focus on that "Layla have you told him the thing" I asked
"Not yet Noah ever got to build up to it, introduce yourself" she muttered through her teeth

"Oh right, I'm Noah Deus some of Od-"  I was cut of by Layla elbowing me in the stomach "not that bit yet!" She groaned I rubbed my side whilst she continued to talk to Codrin "as he said his name is Noah, and I'm Layla it's lovely to meet you, you play so beautifully how old is that guitar"

"Oh it's centuries old, it was one of the first ever created, but it evolves with time my mother gave it to me" Codrin smiled once again my eyes blinked 'how could an inanimate object evolve over time' I thought

"Oh- so... so you know?" Layla asked, slightly stunned

"What about my real parents? Yeah I learned about them a couple years ago when they told me themselves, my adoptive parents tried to kill me so my parents came together and fought them off whilst I could escape, I haven't seen them since but they still send me presents and I see them in my dreams" Codrin replied

"Who are your parents?" I asked

"My Mother is Hathor and my father Hypnos one of Egypt the other of Greece" he bowed his head

"That explains the guitar and the extremely bright hair" Layla joked, I didn't get it but it made Codrin laugh
Layla quickly explained our situation aswell as offering him a place on our little makeshift team, he gladly accepted and followed us as we headed back to camp.

"Hey Codrin can I ask you a question?" I asked trudging my shoes through the kid of the woods

"Shoot Noah" Codrin replied

"How come the loud sound didn't make you pass out, or your ears bleed like the rest of us?"

"Well because my mother is a goddess of music I've grown adept to most irritating or possibly harmful noises and can usually block it all out if I choose to, so when I heard it I thought it would be better to pretend I didn't you know?" Codrin replied

"Smart" Layla added

It wasn't long before we were finally back at camp and once we were there Layla and I stared in shock at how much it had changed, Wulf had certainly been busy.

The tree we all slept it had a small cabin strapped onto its side and on the ground level multiple different huts, there were quite a few so I guess we'd find more godly children like us, or Wulf was just being precautious, either way I liked it.
There was a beautiful campfire in the centre of it all, and the entire structure sat next to a river bend which flowed at just the right angle for the sun to shine a small rainbow off of it that aimed into the camp

"YOU'RE ALIVE" I heard wolf shout as he galloped towards us, he pulled us all in for a big hug, Codrin included "and you brought a friend, hey I'm Wulf son of-" Layla cut him off "he knows... I told him" Wulf just stared at her in disbelief "you know I love talking about my divine parentage!" Wulf jokingly shouted in annoyance to which Layla simply put out her tongue.

"This place looks amazing Wulf! How long did it take you?" I asked

"Oh this? Pfft it was nothing, this is just a small percentage of what I can do, coke on I'll show you around" he beamed.
He showed us each hut, one for an infirmary, one for food and storage, and one to pray or worship, maybe even try to communicate to our parents at least our real ones

Once he finished the tour and we were all shown our designated but I entered mine. It's interior was a deep spruce going along the entire wall and roof, the floor had a carpet similar to a sheeps fur and to the right hand side of the room there was a display, as I looked closer it resembled Norse mythology. More accurately Odin, with a small statue and a book filled with his feats when he was in power. The left side of the room however was baron, I could only imagine that it was to do with the fact I still didn't know who my mother was. I'm sure I'd find out soon, perhaps in another dream, or maybe Odin could tell me.
Maybe I could ask him.