They Found Us

I left my cabin and walked towards the hut Wulf claimed was the 'worshipping hut' on my way I walked past some of the others new homes, I saw Codrin toying with the strings of his guitar on the porch of his hut.
"Hey... Codrin right?" I asked making sure I pronounced it correctly

"Yep, that's me. And you're Noah" he smiled back
"Can I ask you a question?" I asked, he stopped fiddling with his guitar and put it to his side, then looked me softly in the eyes "of course. What is it?"
His head tilted ever so slightly but he didn't look away
"Do you know why these... things are stealing whatever our 'essence' is?"

Codrin seemed to ponder the question for a second, but he looked as if he knew the answer immediately "well I know they're giving it to who they call is the true god... but I don't know why they'd want to, my parents told me about him. He's pure evil and only wants destruction in the world" Codrin replied, the way he said it sent shivers down my spine.

"I know it's not a good thing to think about but it DOES keep me up at night sometimes, but whenever it gets too overwhelming I usually hear a melody in the back of my head and it sends me to sleep" Codrin added.
I gave him my most convincing smile I could conjure at the time "thanks Codrin, I'll see you later"
"See ya" he chimed picking up his guitar again.

I continued my walk to the worship hut, it looked slightly overwhelming, it was designed in so much more detail than any of the other huts, as I walked in I saw carvings along the walls of different symbols in mythology. From Greek to Roman, Egypt and Norse it was all here. The room was dimly lit but was bright where it counted. There was a small shrine towards the end of the room surrounded with candles and a circle drawn on the floor in dried tree sap. I walked into the circle and crouched down, it was at that moment I realised I had no idea how to pray, I didn't know how to worship or try and communicate with gods, before a couple days ago I assumed they were all made up. Nevertheless I closed my eyes and put my hands together like I'd seen in movies and called out
"Odin? I don't know if you can hear me or not but-but apparently I'm your son, that's...crazy. Ugh I was hoping you could tell me what to do to stay safe, or if you could like- I don't know send a guardian angel or something" I opened my eyes and shook my head. "This is stupid" I added the stood up and excited the circle.

Once I left the circle my eyes shot open and I lost all control of my body, I collapsed to the floor and saw a bright light, I looked towards it despite my initial thoughts but once I did I was transported into the body of something else, it was running through the woods, jumping from tree to tree. It's arms were grey and sickly and it's three fingers had sharp claws on each one that were pitch black, I heard a deep snarl which would give anyone nightmares. It looked up and smelt the air before changing its path ever so slightly, then I noticed that they were in the same woods we were in, I got the feeling they were coming for us. Then I saw that this thing wasn't alone. It had four other grey reptile looking things with it.

My eyes burst open again, I was back in the hut with Wulf holding my head and giving me water
"Drink. Drink, you're ok" he said
I took a sip that stood up frantically
"Somethings coming! Something dangerous I-I saw it!"
"What is it?" Wulf asked, his usual childish demeanour had fallen, instead he was stone coke serious his green eyes focused only on me and nothing else
"They were- grey? Scaly? Looked like lizards but they were massive!" I panicked,
"Children Of Sobek" Wulf said convincingly, I didn't know what that meant but Wulf quickly stood up and ran outside, I followed him as far as Layla, he grabbed her shoulders and spoke to her, I couldn't hear what they were saying but she became quickly alarmed.

Layla and Wulf both ran to their huts and came out with weaponry and pages, Wulf also informed Codin of the coming threat, who seemed to do the same as the previous two.