Expand the Merging

Days past as Wulf, Layla and Codrin all set up defences, and ways to get food, Wulf began planting a field of seeds where all kinds of fruit and vegetables would grow, Codrin went to the water. He began setting up fish traps, but they hadn't been working. Layla spent her time away, exploring the woods we came from, setting up traps that monsters would be lured to, then she walked around the bast plains we were in. She decided it was too open so we had to remain vigilant, but she remained content which made us all happy.

However the new and apparent 'safe' camp wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. I had been getting nightmares, horrible, stupidly realistic nightmares depicting the end of the world, and every time I was about to see what was happening I would wake up. The nightmares were becoming too much for me to handle, I would stay awake all night, or at least try. Whenever I closed my eyes I could see the fire, the smog, the death. I began sleeping with my sword in my hand, the one Layla created for me. Sharpening the blade became a useful past time although it wasn't really effective as the blade itself was already too strong and too sharp, but that didn't stop me from trying.

"Noah! Hey gimme a hand will ya" I heard Codrin shout from the water, i briskly walked over to him. It didn't seem urgent, in fact Codrin looked extremely happy, as I drew nearer I noticed what he was so happy about. Within one of the fish traps was the biggest fish I'd ever seen, it was blue with black streaks going down it's side, it's eyes were lifeless but still radiated a greenish colour, and it's tail longer than anything I'd seen before on a fish.
"Oh my god Codrin! That's incredible" I shouted. Codrin didn't really respond other than grabbing my shoulders and pulling me in for a great hug. I hugged him back and we kinda just jumped around the dock.

"I knew we'd get one eventually" he beamed. His smile that could light up the night showed wider than it ever had before
"I never had a doubt" I replied laughing slightly had his erratic movements.
"In all seriousness this thing is massive and way too heavy for me and you're kinda like you know... strong" Codrin chuckled
"Oh yeah I'll help sorry" I quickly spurted then reached down to grab the fish. It was very heavy, even for my new found strength but I managed. We gradually took it back to the centre of the camp where Wulf would probably take it off us and then do something with it.

On our way we walked past Layla who seemed to notice the fish. "Oh my gods" she muttered, Codrin and I both turned to her "I know right" I said but Layla shook her head in response
"Do you know what it is?" She asked
"No why? Is it important?" I replied
Layla took a moment to walk around me and Codrin who looked equally confused
"It's an evolved Skolopendra, you can tell by the tail" she finally informed us. Codrin's face seemed to light up "Of course!" He shouted
"But how would it have ended up here?" He then asked
"Beats me. But we should take it as a blessing from the gods, get Wulf. He'll know how to prepare this into a meal" Layla smiled.
It finally felt like things were looking up.

Wulf took the beast, with my help carrying it. And started roasting it on a fire. He wanted some peace whist he got the Greek myth to a state of edible. So whilst he was busy I sat at the edge of water, sipping my toes in ever so slightly. It was relaxing, I felt almost at peace.

"Do you need help?" I heard from behind me.
I turned to see Codrin smiling at me
"Help?" I asked
He joined me by the water, keeping his feet on land however
"Yeah. I can sense it when people have trouble sleeping. After all my dad is the God of it" he chuckled "anyway. My point is... I can sense you at night. I can sense the pain going on and the torment, and the nightmares, I can never look into them but the fear I sense it's- it's overwhelming" he finished
"And you're offering help?" I asked raising an eyebrow
"If you're ever having problems sleeping, tell me. I'll come to your hut and sing you a lullaby that'll help you" he smiled
"A lullaby? I'm not 10" I returned
"I'm not babying you. But it's one of the powers I've learnt to use. It helps people sleep, and depending on the chime it gives you good dreams" he smiled, placing a hand on my shoulder.
I looked to him and smiled "That'd be nice"

The brief exchange was interrupted when a loud roar was heard from the camp, it was animistic but I could still tell it was Wulf. Codrin and I shared a knowing glance before we stood up and sprinted towards the camp, it was quite painful considering I was running bare footed but I looked past it.
Once we got back to the camp Layla was on her back being pinned down by another woman's foot whilst she was pointing a sword at Wulf's neck
"Ah yes. You smell like a champion" the woman said.
She was tall, well taller than Layla, I'd say maybe an inch or two shorter than me. Her hair was dark and straight, it just past her shoulders. Her eyes looked determined as she stared at me and the blue sent a shiver down my spine. She wore a Greek style chest piece with a leather skirt, on her back was a large bronze shield and she wore large leather boots.
"Who-who are you?" I asked.
She moved her boot from Layla and began walking towards me, her sword was lowered, like she wasn't intending on stabbing me with the business end of her broadsword.
"What's your name champion?" She spoke clearly, and continued to stare at me, I don't think I blinked once during the entire encounter.
"N-Noah, and you?" I stuttered, she smirked at me "my name is Amelia, and you! Noah have poor defences"
"I-I didn't set them up" I stuttered again, I couldn't keep my mouth under control it seemed
"Are you not the leader of this band of Gods? Did you not establish leadership with you're God given title" she asked almost in disbelief
"Listen Amelia. I didn't even know I had Gods for parents until last week, if anyone is the leader here, it's Layla" I replied looking towards Layla who was dusting herself from the dirt.
"Pathetic. You need to be trained" Amelia stated
"Were you following us?" I asked, remembering the presence in the woods
"No. I tracked the sent. It's strong... you're a strong one but I fear you don't know the extent" Amelia answered, she began turning so her back was facing towards me. "If you're referring to that...feeling in the woods. That was something else, similar to you in a way" she added before walking to Layla.
We all tensed up, no one knew if she was going to start a fight. But she leaned to Layla's ear and whispered something, her eyes widened and then Layla spoke "you guys get ready for the feast, I'll see you there"
We all shared a look at Layla, silently asking if she was safe
"It's ok guys, we're going to talk strategy" she smiled and waved at us then walked with Amelia to Layla's hut.
Wulf quickly walked to us "I don't trust her" he stared crossing his arms as we all watched them go inside
"She might be here to help" I replied
"You didn't see the way she ambushed us, she's crazy" Wulf growled, his right leg hopping up and down like a rabbit
"Well so long as she doesn't hurt us, she'll help us right?" I asked
"She has divine parents like us, I can sense it" Codrin added
"So she'll help our cause" I smiled
"I still don't like her" Wulf frowned then walked back to his campfire, setting parts of the large creature on different plates then setting it around the fire.