02

It's been a week since the last meeting between Kazutora and y/n. At first, the girl though he will not come to a therapist anymore but then she realised that maybe after their discussion he will still come.
She was passing through the halls and got to the reception where her coffee should be, since she ordered one some time ago.
Surprising, she met Kazutora at the waiting line, she didn't believe he will come though she somehow felt happy to see him there.
She walked past him with a smile on her face, the same bright slime she used before many times, and waved her hand at him.
She didn't want to talk to him in front of that many pacients, some of them might think that she is favoring some person and talking with them more, which she often heard from her pacients experiences.

(...)

The girl stretch out a little bit. She was sitting on that chair for way to long and she got more new people coming to her, which means more papers for her to sign and complete.

"l/n?" she snapped out of her thoughts when she heard her name and looked up only to meet Kazutora's eyes. "Should i come back later?" he asked as he notice the amount of papers she had.
"No, no. It's fine. Take a sit." she quickly said putting the papers aside.

The male followed her words and sit down, in front of her. And, for the first time, expecially for y/n, they didn't know how to start a conversation. The girl didn't wanted to say something wrong that might make the boy to not talk for the rest of meeting, on the other hand the boy didn't know if he was supposed to say something because at the same time he wanted to talk with her but he also wanted to let her do whatever she was doing before he entered. Between them was a deadly silence, they both waited for other to say something.

"How was your day until now?" the girl asked as she finally got enough confidence.
"Pretty good. I didn't do much anyway. How was your day?" he asked and she could tell he was curious.
"Pretty exhausted, but I like it? I mean, I wanted to do all this 'therapist' thing." she said trying to make him talk more.
"I've payed for a 3 hours meeting. You can take a break or continue your work if you want." he said as he started to look after his phone.

How much money he has?

"If you payed for 3 hours, then it means you want to talk with me, right? So there is no need for you to play on your phone." she quickly said, leaving the boy a little confused. "Is there something you want to tell me?" she continued.

She felt like she was pressing him to talk to her amd she wasn't sure if that was right. She only worked for one year as a therapist, she doesn't have as much experience as her other colleagues but she somehow manage to work with the pacients better since she is the youngest here.

"About our discussion, yesterday." he started. "I talked with my mom but she doesn't seem to understand anything I say, she's just really focused on this therapist thing." he continued. "What is so special about therapy? I just don't understand." he said and now he was looking straight into the girl eyes.
"There is nothing special to it. We, therapists, make it special. My other pacients weren't open with the last therapist they had but they are opened with me now and some of my pacients aren't opened with me but they are opened with my colleagues. Therapy isn't special, special it's the person you talk with." she explained to him, leaving the boy eyes to widened. "You don't have to answer me but you saw how you immediately told me something personal on our first meeting but refused to talk with my colleague?" she said smiling this time.

Because you felt trustworthy.

"But how?" he asked as he felt like he was really dumb.
"I like to think that the connection between a therapist and it's pacients it's somehow like the 'red thread of fate' myth, like those persons that are destined to meet one another in a certain situation. This thread may stretch or tangle but never break. That is how I feel a connection between a therapist and a patient should be like. Do you understand?" she asked as she thought she fantasised a lot.

So this is my 'red thread of fate'? This connection between me and you it's fate?

"And so, my mom think coming here every week, will help me in any way?" he asked.
"I'll make it help." she said smiling again.
"What if you can't?" he asked curious.
"Then probably I'm not good enough so I'll quit." she explained making the boy surprised.

She's an interesting one.

"You can't quit because of one pacient." he said still in shock somehow.
"Some people don't want to live anymore because of one thing. You see it as a small issue but for that person is a big issue. It's your point of view, which is completely fine, but you should never judge other view just because you see it different." she explained to him.
"You really wanted to be a therapist, didn't you?" he suddenly asked.
"Is it that noticeable?" she said smiling awkwardly.
"Depends." he said and stops for a little. "It depends on what you talk about." he continued and the girl just nodded.
"Oh, Kazutora-kun, it might be a personal question but why did you want me to call you by your first name?" the girl curiously asked.
"Don't act dumb, I bet you already figure out why." he said rolling his eyes.

Dumb question y/n, dumb question.

"I just wanted to hear it from you."