03

"Much of a life story, isn't it?" the male asked after he told her some important parts from his past.
"Did you enjoyed it?" the girl asked as her interested in the male in front of her grew bigger with every second passing.
"Some parts, yes, some parts, no, definitely no." he quickly said.
"Do you have regrets?"
"Of course."
"If you would be able to time travel, would you do it and would you also change your past?" she asked her signature question that most of her pacients never answered her.
"Yes." she could tell how serious he was about the topic.
"You sure?"
"Yes."
"I believe you are aware of that, but if you'd be able to change your past you'll never meet the cat you saw yesterday." she explained. "Would you still do that?"
"Of course. There are some things I wish I would be able to change." he quickly said.
"I see." she took a short pause to organize her words inside her head. "You see, somethings are meant to be. I like to believe in theories like soulmates or anything you can think of. If you are destined to met a specific person, you'll met them no matter what. And all your actions will lead you to that person. We, humans, are a social being, we can express ourselves if we are in pain even if we are an introverted or extroverted, while animals aren't really able to do that, since you can tell where it hurts while an animal can't. If we would be able to change our past, would we met that specific person every time we change even a small part of our past? Your past made you became what you are today, some are successful lawyers, some are struggling with life, but if we change that small, insignificant thing, that successful lawyer with that person that's struggling might switch places." she explained leaving the male a mixture between curiosity and confusion.

Did I talk to much?

"I've never think that deep about this." he said.
"And here we are back on discussion. Never judge someone point of view." she said smiling.
"Why did you want to become a therapist, l/n?" the male suddenly asked.
"Call me y/n. To help people." she simply said.
"That's what everyone will say. I want the real reason. I'll not tell anyone." he said and she could tell how curious he was.
"That's the reason. I don't want the money or anything. I just want to help people. A lot of people assume I do it for money but I don't. I, personally, needed a therapist or a psychologist but never talked or seen one because of my parents. They thought their friend will classify me as crazy and the kids won't play with me. So i had to deal with my problems by myself, which it wasn't my best idea. I wanted to became a therapist to help the courageous people and to help the fear ones to open up. I've never got the change to be helped but as long as I'm capable I'll help the persons around me." she said.

Tell me everything about you as I told you about me. Let's make that 'red string of fate' real between us.

"That's the reason you want to quite if you fail?" he asked and she simply nodded. "But you can't. It's just one person, you saved millions of lifes maybe. If all the doctor's will quit because one surgery didn't go well, we would be left with no one to take care of your wounds." he quickly said as she someone saw some passion in his eye.
"That's true. But not everybody is like me. I could call myself crazy, since i studied all this years and got this job an year ago, if i quit tomorrow everything will be ruined in my life." she simply said with a smile.

How can she smile that easily?

"But you are still willing to quit? With knowing that all these years will go for waste?" he asked curious.
"I believe so. But that was what I promised myself when I entered college." she said continuing smiling.

Even though the girl said the truth, the male still didn't want to believe that someone will ever do that. Years spend on learning, money spend on studying, most important the time she wasted on studying knowing that she can quit the next day with no regrets and nothing. Just leaving this job. She's only 26 yet but doing another college it will take both time and money and she will be too old and who knows what her next college might be? The male was convinced that the woman was just playing around with him and that nobody will actually do that. But even with the thought of her lying to him, she was still showing off a comfort vibe and she still looked trustful enough for him to open up to her, to let her read him like book. Though, he didn't wanted to do that, he didn't want the woman to see right through him, he still wanted to keep surprises for her and see other faces of hers. He, at first, didn't understand therapist or therapy that well since he never got the chance to when he actually need a lot, but some how her explenation and the ups and downs made him see other side of therapy, maybe because it was pure reality or he just found it fascinating or she just knew how to use her words. But either ways, he couldn't complain much, he never went to college and he barely finish chūgakkō¹. Though, even with her knowledge she sometimes felt like she didn't know what to say, expecially in front of the long hair man.

---

chūgakkō = (according to wikipedia) it's Junior High School or Lower Secondary School which is the 7th to 9th grade and you finish it around 14-15 years old.