CAPÍTULO 1­­

There's a snoring 30-year-old lady, with long black hair, the tips dyed blonde, beside me. Her eyes remain shut, her lips slightly parted, and the way she breathes in and out slightly irritates me. You can practically hear the way she breathes; it's loud. She also takes my armrest, and despite the fact that I want to commit a murder spree for being so stressed lately, I remain seated.

The only comfort I have is that I have the window seat where I can focus my energy just to watch the blinking lights below.

I'm on the way to Spain to live with my aunt who has been working in Spain for the past 20 years. She is my dad's sister but hasn't been really close with the rest of the family, considering that she's adopted. The family isn't really fond of her, but mom and dad did. Though they barely talked, they were still sending regards to each other. When dad died of heart attack two years ago, that's the time Aunt Aimee got in touch with me to help with the funeral's finances. And when mom died last year due to ovary cancer, I'm left to take care of my 17-year-old brother, Alex, who's going to college and is taking a tourism course.

On top of that, I'm left with debt. One that I have to pay, and of course, Alex's tuition fee. The house we've been living in since I was a kid is in risk of being taken by the bank as we are unable to pay the mortgages and the loan they did to purchase the said house. All the money was spent on my mom's hospital bills and treatments.

I'm pressed to the wall, head resting on the window as I look outside, feeling a bit guilty for leaving my brother behind. It's not like I have a choice, and I'm doing this for his future and to save our house from being taken. Mom and dad had put too much effort to build their dream house, and I don't want it to be gone.

Alex may or may not have cried a little when he and my dad's friend, who is a taxi driver and was gracious enough to offer us a ride, accompanied me to the airport. I gave him the biggest hug I could give, and while there was resistance from him, I knew he liked it.

My brother and I have never been affectionate with each other. The closest bond we have is the bickering and the things we do just to piss each other off. The typical siblings' shenanigans.

The lady's hair whips to my shoulder, and her hair wobbles to the side, and I roll my eyes. I'm already pressed to the wall, and this lady isn't helping me do a dramatic scenario in my head, not when her hair and head leaning towards my shoulder are bugging me. I carefully push her, not wanting to wake her up, and she falls to the other side and I swear my head whips fast enough to the window. I hear her groan and resist the urge to laugh, keeping a straight face.

Through the reflection, I can see her eyes fluttering open, clicking her tongue as she looks confusedly around. She wipes off the little drool she has on the corner of her lips before gazing to look at the back of my head, and I pretend to be invested at the nothingness below us. The lady blinks her eyes for a moment, repositions herself so her back is turned on me, and goes back to sleeping, her back slightly curled. I let out a small smile, wanting to laugh a little, but almost everyone is already sleeping.

Just a few more hours, and I'd finally land on the ground. This flying makes my stomach turn and I haven't even eaten since this morning. I've been up in the air for more than 24 hours, in total. We had to stop over at Abu Dhabi, which took around 4 hours, and when we did, I had to wait for more than 4 hours, then the flight to Madrid, Spain. And I stayed at Madrid for a couple of hours –there was no time for me to roam, and additionally, I don't have extra money to spend– then we boarded to Malaga Costa del Sol.

I'm already in Spain, but I'm not at a specific part of Spain yet. I've been reading the signs and stuff all over the place, and while I can get a few words, I'm not entirely sure if what I have in mind is the same meaning as what's plastered. I mean, Tagalog and Spanish do share the same words. Some.