CAPÍTULO 12

I'm thinking. It has been 2 days since Mikel told me he missed me and I haven't seen him since then. I touch my chest where my heart is and feel the strong uneven beat of it. I look out through the window where I can clearly see the shut blinds of Mikel's window.

The memories; they are all flashing all at once in my head.

I put my hand on my chest, feeling the erratic beat of my heart as I think of Mikel. I shut my eyes, calming myself down. I look through the window again and notice Mikel's blinds have been opened, and his room is quite messy, but he's not there anymore. I groan and decide to do something else.

With Luisa gone, I guess I'll just have to busy myself with studying and taking care of Pablo. And of course, Jorge. I nearly forgot that I have this... I'm not really sure what to call it, but we're going out, and I'm bringing Pablo with me. I asked tita last night, and she was really hesitant to let Pablo go out of the house, but with a little convincing, and Pablo's constant nagging, tita succumbed and finally said yes. But... according to her, I have to really, really, really–yeah, that's right–take care of Pablo.

Pablo drinks the coconut juice tita bought, and he happily eats the coconut meat rather sloppily. His cheeks are wet, and I laugh at how he tries to eat the big meat in one go. He shoves it into his mouth and looks at me, blinking, then begins chewing.

"Hurry, Jorge will be here soon." I tell him.

As if he understands me (and probably because I mentioned Jorge's name), he immediately chugs the rest of the juice and heads upstairs to shower. I clean up the mess he made. There are a few dishes in the sink, so I clean it up before deciding to shower. Jorge should be here in 30 minutes.

After showering, I look through my drawer to find an outfit that's really different. I haven't bought clothes in a long time, mainly because my built hasn't really changed a lot. There are a few clothes that have gotten a bit tight on me, but I can still wear them. Though it sometimes gets uncomfortable especially when it's really hot.

I have a lot of plain shirts, and at the same time, I have a lot of Marvel-themed shirts. I rarely wear a polo shirt (and I have 3... or I don't know, 4 of them?). And I think I have a few polos, but I like shorts. I've got a lot of shorts. Pants... I've got a few, but I'm more comfortable wearing shorts and black shirts.

Accessories? I don't have much. I have 2 watches. The first watch, it was given to me by my dad. The second watch, I had to pay for it in installments. 4 times. It was pretty expensive, but it was really worth it. Wearing necklaces is not really my thing, and my mom would always tell me that wearing a silver or gold necklace could make it dangerous for me to go outside, especially late at night. Because there's a lot of thieves.

I wear a shirt that I haven't probably worn in a year because I always wore the same style of clothes (hello, plain black shirts!) every day. When I was going to work, when I was going out with friends, and when I had errands to run.

I look at myself in the mirror, looking at how it has gotten fit on me that it feels like it's already clinging on my skin, and though I'm not exactly fat, that's what I see in the mirror. Confidence is really the one that's so fragile to me. Comments such as "you've gotten fat" and "stop eating, you're getting heavy" really fuck me up. It ruins my confidence. Hence, the black shirts and other dark colored-shirts. Because it makes me look thin.

The polo, which I purchased a year ago in Uniqlo, is a beach-themed. The design is a splash of dark blue and white, representing waves of the sea, and the shorts that go with it has the same design, but I'm not wearing that today. I'm just wearing a plain, old white shorts. I put my stomach in and wonder if I should cut down my meals. I shut my eyes and shake my head. It's wrong. Definitely wrong.