CAPÍTULO 16

I'm nervous to pay him a visit. I still have no idea how to act around him, or how our relationship should work despite the fact that I've read articles on the internet about two men. In fact, it makes me more scared than ever.

Though I can't deny that I miss him, and I want to see him. I want to see his smile, and everytime I think of it, my heart races. I find myself hiding behind the wall next to the window of my room where I can see his room from up here. I take a peek and see him sitting on his bed, typing on his phone.

Mikel is sitting on his bed, shirtless, and I can see the bandage wounds plastered on his body. After a few seconds, my phone rings and lights up. Mikel's name is in the notification, and he's sending me a bunch of messages. I peek again, and this time, he looks at my direction and I quickly duck with my heart racing. I ignore the messages he sent to me, and I head downstairs.

Luisa is feeding Pablo as tita enters the house. She sees me on the stairs.

"Oh, good, Mikel is looking for you. He said you haven't been responding to him."

I blush at the mere mention of Mikel's name. I purse my lips, hoping that my tita wouldn't hear how loud my heart is beating.

"Are you guys fighting?" she asks me as she sits beside Pablo.

I shake my head. "No, we are not. I haven't received anything." I lie. Oh, the lie tastes like shit on my tongue.

"Well, you should go ahead and pay him a visit. I'm sure he misses you." I cough and my blush intensifies. "You can go now. He's waiting. And abuelita wants to meet you. I think Mikel talks about you a lot around her. Your Spanish is good, right?"

"I wouldn't say it's good."

"You know Spanish. That's the point." Pablo climbs up to his mom and sits on her lap. Luisa puts the food away. "It would be good practice for you. Expose yourself out more there. Okay?"

Despite how nervous I am, I muster up courage. I take a deep breath, nod my head, and put on a smile as I step out of the house. Warm weather immediately greets me, and it's so sunny today that I have to squint my eyes. I walk slowly towards Mikel's house, and when I'm in front of the gate, I have to stop myself and calm myself. I breathe in and out slowly, and once I feel okay, I knock on the door. José opens the door, and a smile immediately tugs on his lips as he sees me.

"Andres! Adelante, come in, come in." He steps to the side to let me in, and I smile awkwardly as I enter through the door. "¡Mikel! Andres esta aquí. Please wait for a moment. He'll be down."

And in a minute, Mikel is getting down the stairs slowly, one step after the other. His eyes meet mine, and a smile graces his lips. My heartbeat skyrockets as he hastens his steps, and for a moment, I get worried because he's not supposed to be rushing his movements, but when his feet land on the last step, he practically runs towards me. He wraps his arms around me and I'm genuinely shocked.

José is looking at us with a raised brow, and that's when abuelita comes into view. Abuelita is a small woman, her hair is gray, and she walks rather slowly and is hunchback. Her skin is fair, and you can see the evidence of the life she has lived through her skin, and you can tell how beautiful she must have been in her prime era. And she still looks beautiful now. No wonder Mikel looks good because beauty runs in his family.

My boyfriend–wow, it feels weird to say that out loud in my head–sidesteps and greets his abuela.

"Abuelita, este chico es Andres. La persona de la que te hablé."

She makes that airy noise that I hear a lot of Spanish people are doing, and reaches out to touch my cheeks. "Que tan guapo. He oído mucho de ti."

"Abuelita, tranqui. Andres habla español pero está practicando." Abuelita laughs. I push Mikel lightly, and he grins at me. "Le enseño a hablar español y me enseña inglés."

"Mucho gusto, Abuelita." Abuelita pulls me and kisses both my cheeks, and I suddenly remember that this is how normally Spanish people greet each other. She then proceeds to give me a hug, and I hug her back. I awkwardly look at Mikel and his dad, and they both give me thumbs up.

"Nos vamos a hablar más tarde, ¿sí?"

"Por supuesto, Abuelita." She pats my back and goes to sit in front of the television playing a game show.

"Let's go to my room," Mikel takes my hand and from the corner of my eyes, I can see his dad's eyes flicking to our intertwined hands. I ignore it, but my heart is racing. "Llamanos cuando hay el almuerzo."

Mikel practically drags me to his room, all while he's technically wounded. Once we're in his room, I can finally see how organized his things are. The bed is made, and there's no single trace of crease on his blankets. He also has a study table facing his bed, and there are books lined up and organized by size–from big to small. I never peg him as the reader type, considering how handsome he is. I mean, have you seen his body? He works out a lot, and he's surfing. And I know I'm stereotyping, and it's bad, but it's not something that you'd expect.

I stand in his room awkwardly, my eyes scanning every corner of his room. Mikel shuts the door close, and my heart beat skyrockets again. He motions for me to sit on the bed, and I sit on the bed, and he slowly sits on the chair facing me. We stare at each other, not uttering a single word, and I can feel the tension between us.

"We haven't thought this through, right?" Mikel asks me.

"Yeah," I answer meekly.

Mikel puffs his cheeks and stands up, holding out on his stomach as he takes cautious steps. He sits beside me on his bed, and I immediately blush as he moves himself closer. I look at my fumbling fingers, and from the corner of my eyes, I can see him looking at me with his intense gaze.

He lifts his index finger and slowly traces my skin, and I shiver at the touch. His fingers stop at my chin, and he lifts my head up. His green eyes hold me in place as his fingers move across my chin down to my chest. My heart beats erratically as Mikel's hand lands on my waist. He leans down, resting his forehead against mine, and the tip of our nose is touching, his breath fanning my face. His breath smells like he just chugged a hot chocolate.

Without putting much thought about it, I let myself sink into him. I slowly put my mouth on his, and Mikel seems a little shocked at first, but he eventually kisses me back, his thumb rubbing the skin on my waist. We let ourselves fall down on the bed, with Mikel being on top of me. My heart feels like it's about to explode, and my nerves are out of control, and I feel hot. I can feel my cheeks burning up as we continue to kiss.

And I may have accidentally raised my knee up and it hit his stomach. He lets out an oof sound, and he lets go of my lips. He hisses. I look at him worriedly, making him sit all the way.

"Oh my God, tangina, lo siento, I'm sorry." I tell him, slightly panicking.

"Andres, Andres... estoy bien." Mikel assures me as he gently lifts his shirt up, revealing the gauze, which means I get completely exposed to his evident abs and that happy trail that disappears under the band of his underwear. I blush again for God knows how many times already. Putangina. "Mira, ya estoy bien. You easily get scared." He chuckles.

"That's not funny," I tell him, furrowing my brows. "Ang ugok mo."

"¿Quééé?" Mikel asks in a teasing voice.

"Nada," I stick my tongue out.

Mikel rolls his eyes playfully, grabs me by the neck, and captures my lips once again, which I happily oblige. His shirt falls down. We share a laugh when our teeth clash, and he flicks my forehead.

"Have I told you that you're cute?" he asks me as he pulls away.

I purse my lips and shake my head.

"Pues, sí. Eres lindo. You're exactly my type. No wonder I like you. Me gustas."

Letting out a groan, Mikel laughs at my reaction. I bury my face in the crook of his neck as he continues to laugh. I gently push him and give him a playful deathly stare. He taps my nose with the tip of his index finger and pecks me on the lips, and just then, José calls out for lunch.