Khatta Meetha Buddies!

Arshi, NK, Lavanya, Aman, Sheetal - 8 years old
Payash - 10 years old
Anjali and Shyam - 12 years old

************************************

"Nav!" Khushi nudged his elbow, trying to get his attention. She repeated the same movement twice and pouted when he ignored her every time she did it.

"Nav talk to me na.. See everyone has left the classroom for lunch break. And we're still here.." she looked around the empty classroom room, then her eyes traveled back to her friend seated beside her, writing something with a serious look on his book.

"Then go and have lunch with your NK.. Who stopped you?" he shrugged, his eyes still fixed on his book as he kept writing focusedly on his studies.

Khushi frowned staring at him, "Nav you've to stop mentioning NK's name everytime in our conversations when you're angry with me."

Arnav's fingers halted, still holding his pen in his firm grip as he raised his face to look at her, raising his eyebrows, "Oh so you know I'm angry with you!"

"Yes, I know!" she gulped, sitting straight now, she looked here and there, praying to not get scolded by him after he gets to know what she did, "DM raksha karna please," she muttered under her breath.

"So you must know why I'm angry with you too, right Khuhi?" he dropped the pen and crossed his arms, waiting for her answer.

Khushi nodded sideways with a crying face. Arnav raised his eyebrows again in "Oh-really?!" look.

Khushi sighed defeatedly, assuming her deeds, "Okay fine.. I took your hoodie without your permission," she looked up to him with big accusing eyes, "I thought we are like Amma-Babu ji and Ratna aunty-Aryan uncle. They take each other's belongings without asking for permission. But I forgot you're not sweet like Aryan uncle.. you are grumpy fellow!"

"Yes, I'm not sweet like Papa. Don't try to divert me from the main topic Nauntaki Titliya!" he glared at her.

Khushi looked down at her lap.

"I need that hoodie Khuhi.. I want to wear that for Saturday basketball match. Then I'll give it back to you," Arnav softened his tone, glancing at her.

Khushi had a mini heart attack resembling a deer caught in the headlights before she composed herself, turning her face sideways to face him again, faking a stern brave look, "I don't want. It's mine now. You can wear another hoodie. Is that the only hoodie you have? Nahi na!"

Arnav took a sharp breath, controlling his 'little angry kid' mood, "Dekho Khuhi," he forced a sweet smile on his face, "I'm a danger when I want to-"

"Fire ho kya? (Are you fire?)" Khushi asked challengingly.

He continued even after being cut by her, "A sweet person with whom deserves-"

"Center shock sour candy ho kya?" Khushi raised her eyebrows, trolling him for every dialogue he uttered in his praise.

Arnav gritted his teeth, "And a poison pit with whoever tries to make a fool of me."

"Snakewa ho kya?" Khushi giggled, forming a snake figure with her hands.

"Khuhi you better take me seriously now," Arnav frowned making Khushi stop laughing. She pouted and looked down at her lap again, fidgeting her fingers nervously, "I don't have your hoodie with me now."

"What do you mean you don't have it with you now? It was you who stole my hoodie from my room, right?" Arnav asked.

"I didn't steal your hoodie.. I took it from your room just like Amma take Babu ji's belongings and Ratna aunty does same with Aryan uncle," Khushi looked back at him, furrowing her brows cutely, not liking being accused of stealing by her Nav, "You only said to me we're like our parents. Did you forgot?"