Weekend Together!

Arshi, NK, Lavanya, Aman, Sheetal - 8 years old
Payash - 10 years old
Anjali and Shyam - 12 years old

************************************

Standing at the balcony of Khushi's room, Khushi, Arnav and Payal were talking about their school life. Khushi was holding a plate filled with jalebis she got from her mother as treat for winning the basketball competition with Arnav, she wasn't even listening properly what Arnav and Payal were talking about because she was lost in her favorite sweet world. But she was Khushi Kumari Gupta aka Nav's Chatterbox, even if she wasn't paying proper attention to their talks, she made sure to keep her opinions forward every now and then during their conversations. 

"Akash bhai told us that you got the highest mark on your maths exam Payal di.. congrats.. everyone at home was happy for you," Arnav said smiling. 

Payal shyly smiled, "Thank you."

"Next time I'll also study hard and get full marks on my exams," Khushi said licking the sugar syrup on her fingers smiling cheekily, "Promise me that you will ask Ratna aunty to throw a jalebi party for me if I get full marks. And yes.. I will bring my new friend, Rocky to celebrate with me also." 

"And what about me?" Arnav asked feeling jealous that she started including Rocky in her celebrations and forgot to mention his name.

Khushi wanted to hit his forehead but Arnav caught her wrist before she could touch him, he gestured her to look at her hands dirty with sugar syrup, "Go and wash your hands first Khuhi!"

Khushi free her hand from his hold, "It's your house I was talking about, so obviously you'll be there buddhu!" glaring at him, she thrust the plate into his hand and walked inside her room through the balcony, rushing towards the bathroom to wash her hands and then joined them again to continue the conversation. With the help of her wet hands, she attempted to style Arnav's hair in spikes. Arnav sighed wondering what was she upto now but didn't stop her from playing with his hair, "What are you doing Khuhi?" 

Khushi giggled, "I'm trying Pikachu's spiky hairdo on you," she poked her index fingers on each side of his cheek chirpily chanting, "Pika Pika.. Pikachu!"

Even though he loves Khushi's antics, her craziness is his mood changer but in front of Payal Di, he had a reputation to maintain, he was serious, no-nonsense and intelligent boy, the ASR. Resisting the urge the pull his best friend chubby cheeks and laugh at her crazy ideas, he shook his head in disbelief, "I wonder when you'll grow up and behave a little bit mature Khuhi!"

"Abhi toh main bacchi hu.. aur tum bhi ho kyun ki hum dono ki age same hai (I'm still a kid.. so are you as our age is same)," Khushi stuck out her tongue to him. 

Payal chuckled, "You two carry on.. I'll go to my room to sleep. Good night!" 

"Good night Payal Di/Jiji!!" Arshi replied in sync, standing beside each other like good kids who promise to behave well after Payal leave the room. 

When Payal left the room, Arnav looked at Khushi, "I think we should sleep as well. It's quiet late now, otherwise Garima aunty will come here and scold us for being awake till late night."

"Kya Nav!" Khushi whined boringly, "You're spending the weekend in my house. And we can sleep late tonight because tomorrow is Sunday-Funday-No school day, okay? Hum log na khoob masti karenge aaj.. (we'll do lots of fun tonight)," she ended rubbing her palms together in excitement. 

"Don't you get tired? I'm so exhausted due to the basketball match today," Arnav said weakly, staring at her wondering how she gets this much energy and excitement anytime and for each and every activity in her life.