New Haircut!

Arshi, NK, Lavanya, Aman, Sheetal - 9 years old
Payash - 11 years old
Anjali and Shyam - 13 years old

*********************************************************

Gupta Mansion

9 year old Khushi descended the stairs and headed towards the dining room with a sullen mood, she joined her family for breakfast and sat quietly on her place, not wanting to interact with any member of her family today.

Shashi and Garima glanced at each other knowing very well the reason being her sullen mood. Shashi quickly poured mango juice on a glass and handed it to his daughter clearing his throat purposely to gain her attention but Khushi looked away pouting, refusing his juice.

Garima pushed the plate filled with jalebis to her side of the table, Khushi glanced at the plate in front of her secretly while clutching her hands on the edges of her chair to control herself from jumping to attack her favorite sweets right there.

Seeing Khushi still angry with them and not giving in to their ways of pacifying her, Shashi and Garima looked at each other sighing in defeat.

"Why are you both wasting time in trying to pacify a kid Shashi? She won't understand it now but it's for her good only, no need to pamper her like this everytime she gets upset with you," Buaji intervened shaking her head disapprovingly, she then looked at Khushi and said in a stern tone, "Hey titliya finish your breakfast quickly without throwing tantrums now.. it's already decided that you'll get a new haircut today, so there's no point in refusing to eat your food or crying now ok.. finish your food quickly!"

Hearing those words from Buaji brought big tears to Khushi's eyes, the corner of her lips turned down as an indication that she was about to start crying loudly. Shashi immediately got up from his chair and sat on knees near his daughter's chair, patting her head gently to calm her down, "Don't cry my princess.."

"I don't want to cut my hair Papa!" tears started rolling down her cheeks as she looked at her father expecting him to be her savior in this with a broken tone.

"It's only for this time Chutki.. we won't force you to get a haircut again. And you don't worry you will grow even longer and healthier than it is now," Shashi said in a soft consoling tone.

"You'll also start your academic year soon baccha. Don't you want to join your school with a new haircut look?" Garima asked sending flying kiss to her daughter.

Khushi shook her head pouting while Shashi helped with wiping the tears on her cheeks with his palms, "No.. everyone will look at me as if I'm an alien Amma!"

Buaji face palmed, shaking her head she continued having her breakfast knowing this drama won't stop anytime soon.

"It only happens in the first day Khushi.. after that, everyone will get used to your new haircut look!" Payal said, trying to convince her younger sister to get the haircut done.

"But I love my hair.. I don't want to cut my hair. I won't be able to call myself Rapunzel anymore," Khushi stated innocently, her big hazel eyes filled with sadness as she looked at Payal replying to her.

"Khushi your hair will grow again!" Garima sighed, convincing her daughter to cut her hair is not an easy task but important as a kid as it will help to promote healthy hair growth and easy hair care for her.

"When? It's going to take long time Amma!" Khushi cried, pouting sadly.

"I will massage your head with oil every time so that your hair grows quicker than you expect, happy?.. please have your breakfast now meri maaa!" Buaji begged her, joining her hands dramatically.