Chapter 16

-this was written from an iPhone, please don't mind the mistakes that might be made-

The following month was busy for me. I spent most of my time eating, doing make-up work, and working out. My parents (which is still totally weird to say) decided it would be best if they got me a tutor to teach me and help with the work and material I had missed due to being kidnapped. I also had to build up all the muscle mass and body weight I had lost during that period of time. I was excited to finally get out of my house and actually back into school, probably the only time I'll ever feel this excited over going back to school.

"Ash COME ON we don't have all day to get going, Christ get up already!" I heard Layton yell from somewhere downstairs, and laughed. She probably thinks I'm still in bed... I thought to myself, laughing as I tried to shove my belt through it's loops. You would think getting dressed was easy and smooth when really it takes forever to try and put your stupid belt on. I grumbled about it all the way downstairs until I got to the kitchen, stopping to take in the sight before me. 

The table was packed, to say the least. My dad was at the head of the table laughing at something Talon, who was to his right, had said while my mom was busy putting food on the table with the help of Violet. Layton had a piece of bacon shoved into her mouth, her eyes trailing Violet around the table. The two girls had really blossomed into a great couple over the past month, and Violet had confided in me that she was nervous to be starting school in with me and Talon today.

That was what all this fuss was about. Today was the first day I was going back and the first day that Violet would ever be attending a high school. Talon had been studying with me and my tutor while his parents were busy sending all the information required to transfer schools here, along with the majority of his clothes, since he was staying in one of our guest bedrooms. It was great to have all the people I loved close by, but I also felt bad that Talon couldn't see his parents since they lived in Alaska. We were hoping they would move down here, and Brittany and Kell were considering it greatly, especially now that my dad had been found.

"Honey sit down and eat. We don't want you to be late on your first day back." My mother stated as she walked past me, kissing my cheek and smiling. I smiled back and headed towards my seat next to Talon, laughing when Violet smacked a kiss on my cheek like my mother had, before going to her own seat next to Layton. Talon smiled as I sat down and went to grab my hand when I shook him off.

"I can't hold your hand and eat you buffoon. My left hand is so useless in stuff like this." I grumbled, sticking my tongue out at his pouting face causing my dad to let out a booming laugh. The rest of breakfast continued with a lot of teasing and jokes, before the four of us finally left for school. We decided to all just pile into Layton's car due to the disgusting amount of downpour outside, not something I was willing to ride a motorcycle in for safety reasons. That and my parents had confiscated my keys as punishment for calling my tutor an imbecile on his last day, which was completely his fault for being a jerk to me.

"So are people going to judge me?" Violet's soft voice broke my inner musings, and I looked up, taking in her appearance. Violet's bright yellow eyes were framed in thick lashes, now black due to the mascara she was wearing, while her long silver hair was up in a messy bun. She had on a pair of dark jeans and a sweater with the words "wild child" overlaying a leopard. She had fallen in love with the sweater the first time she saw it and we had to buy it, making it our own little joke, seeing as the girl herself was a leopard. I let a small smile come over my face before I shrugged.

"Honestly they probably will. Most people are bad with strange, and you are the embodiment of that word with your eyes and hair. But don't worry, you'll have Layton and I by your side no matter what." I grinned and she copied me, laughing when Talon let out a sharp "Hey what am I, chopped lamb?!"

"If you were, I would've eaten you by now." Violet said quite seriously, and we all laughed.

~~~~~~~lunch time~~~~~~~~~~

Today has sucked so bad I thought as I walked into the lunch room, scanning the crowded tables for a flash of silver hair. When I couldn't spot it anywhere, I linked Talon and asked where they were.

"We're outside under the big tree sweetheart." He responded almost instantly, causing a smile to light up my face at the term of endearment. I headed out the cafeteria doors to the patio, smiling as the sun hit my face. "I'm so glad it stopped raining" I mused to Talon, and shivered when his laugh echoed through my mind. Finally I spotted my three friends and headed over there, plopping down in the still damp grass and giving Talon a quick peck on the lips, smiling at the slight flame of pink that was gone in a flash.

"Violet! How has your first day in hell been?" I called jokingly. 

"I hate it. Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy, but I'm smarter that all of them so HA! IN YOUR FACE HIGH SCHOOL JERKS!!" The small girl yelled in response, catching the attention of the few teenagers that happened to be outside, most of which looked to be underclassmen.

"That's the spirit, kitty cat." Layton said, causing a grimace to cross Violet's face at the sound of the nickname we all took to calling her. Today had been a thankfully normal day so far, and I was actually glad to be back in the grind of schoolwork and classes. I guess being taken away from everything you know will make you like practically anything that's normal in life.

"My parents are here!" Talon burst randomly, before frowning and making eye contact with Layton. "And so are yours."

"Oh great, here comes more drama." I sent Talon, watching him nod his head in response to my comment. Layton grunted, causing both of us to look at her, a scowl painted on her face.

"First of none of that brain talk shit. Secondly, how do you know my parents are back in town anyways, they've been gone for a while." She looked at Talon pointedly, and as he opened his mouth to answer, the bell rang, and a grin spread over his face.

"That, my dear, will be revealed after school. Wouldn't want to be late to any classes on my first day in a new school, now would I?" He grinned cheekily as he grabbed my hand and high tailed it out of there, Layton yelling after us and calling him a string of unmentionable things, causing me to laugh.

"Are you really that concerned about classes?" I asked Talon, shoving him as we walked to Government together.

"Na I just don't want to talk about Lay's parents or whatever news they have with them. I feel like it'll kind of bring down the day, ya know? It's just not something I want to deal with yet." He shrugged, sitting down as we walked into class, smiling at the teacher, who looked shocked to actually see me.

"Hi Mr. Evers!" I cried cheerily, laughing when the old man only grumbled vaguely in response as he turned towards the whiteboard and begin writing out the assignment for today, even though the bell had yet to ring. Ah high school teachers, always jumping the gun.

I turned to ask Talon what exactly he meant, when the bell rang, signaling the start of class. I shrugged and decided that it was something we could talk about at home with everyone else. Halfway through the lesson a very important thing dawned on me: I would be meeting Talon's parents.

Today.