Witch Karma

I was so happy. It felt as though every fiber of my being was vibrating right now, overly excited to be back together with Talon. His eyes shone with the happiness that matched mine, yet when I reached out to touch his mind, it was as if he wasn’t there. My brain was saying that he wasn’t there, while my eyes said he was. Shock coursed through my body, which was soon followed by anger. Boiling rage, was more like it. I knew, I knew, that this, this apparition, floating before my eyes was a trick.

                “Do you think this is funny?!” I screamed into the sky, silence answering my shout. “I know it’s you Ailden.” This came out as a whisper, and the scene around me started to contort, before fading completely, leaving me staring at the dark stone walls of the dungeon. Haunting laughter echoed around me, bouncing back off the walls, creating a creepy lag to the sound that was all too familiar.

                “I must admit, I thought I had you there. What was it that tipped you off this time, little miss Ashlyn?” Ailden’s voice came as a whisper, sounding in my right ear. I shivered in disgust at the feel of his warm breath on my face. Usually I was a rock in situation like these; hard and unbreakable. But there was something about not knowing when I had passed out or how the others were that left me feeling scared and unsettled. For once, I felt truly frightened.

                “Y-y-you forgot a-about the mind l-l-link.” I whispered hoarsely, my voice catching when Ailden stepped closer to me, causing me to stutter. I closed my eyes and took a deep, calming breath; I felt Ailden step away from me again and heard the echo of his footsteps as he walked around me. I opened my eyes when the sound stopped, only to find him standing inches away from me. He leaned in and breathed on me, which was completely disgusting and caused me to scrunch my nose up and lean away.

                “Ah yes; the Flame bond. The one thing you can’t replicate..” Ailden mumbled, seeming to  himself as he brought his hand up to touch his chin, which was now sporting a light shading of stubble. His eyes quickly flickered to me, and a Cheshire grin spread across his face. “I must admit, you are quite the looker. You’re lucky I respect the Bond or I would have my way with you.” He sneered, and I felt my stomach churn at his words as my face turned a few shades paler. Ailden let out a deep chuckle, before going quiet and deathly still, just staring and studying me.

                I shifted nervously under his gaze, before straightening my spine and lifting my head, almost haughtily. I let a sneer slide onto my lips as I looked up at the man holding me captive, and felt a hate fill me like never before. I could feel my hands clench into fists and heat up, feeling as though they were on fire and sparking. Before I fully understood what was happening, I lifted my hands and hurled energy in Ailden’s direction. Out of my hands came a blue and orange ball, looking like a yin and yang of fire and electricity. Since we were so close to one another, he didn’t have time to move out of the balls fast, causing it to hit him square in the chest. Ailden’s eyes widened, and he gasped in shock, quickly dropping to his knees.

                In return, I could feel my own eyes get larger, and I quickly looked down at my hands to seem the flames and sparks fading fast. I tried to get them to stay, but it seems like I couldn’t replicate the effect. Ailden’s deep chuckle shocked me, and I snapped my head up to meet his pain filled eyes.

                “You’re gonna regret that, you little bitch. Right.. About.. Now” Ailden gasped, as pain hit me in my chest causing me to let out a strangled scream and drop to my knees. The pain was almost unbearable, and I soon curled into the fetal position, crying in pain and confusion.

                “What…. Is happening? What did you…do?” I managed to gasp out. Ailden chuckled in response, as he got up from his kneeling position, wincing slightly and rubbing his chest in pain. He stood above me and looked down on me, a pain filled smirk gracing his lips. He bent down again, and brought his mouth close to my ear. I was in too much pain to flinch away in disgust, so I just laid there in pain.

                “That, my dear Ashlyn, is called witch karma. Hurt someone with your powers, and the pain you caused them comes back twice as bad.” Ailden whispered menacingly, before rising from his crouch. The last thing I saw was him walking out a door, before the pain became too much and I blacked out.

                “Ugh my head” I groaned as I rolled over, bumping into something warm and soft, that groaned in return. Quickly forgetting about the pounding headache, I sat up and scrambled backwards until my back smashed into stone, causing me to wince and groan in pain. I tried to make out the mystery groaner through the dark, but my eye sight was not as advanced as a dragon’s, making my eyes useless in this situation. Another groan sounded from the person on the floor, and I could hear them shuffling around.

                “Uhm, hello?” I called, my voice coming out slightly squeaky, causing me to cringe and clear it before calling out to the stranger again. “Look, I don’t know who you are, but-“

                “Ash,” a deep, familiar voice resounded throughout the room. I gasped. It couldn’t be… it was another one of Ailden’s tricks. I pulled my knees up to my chest, wincing when they touched the sore spot on my chest. Ailden’s words echoed through my mind again, reminding me that I could never defend myself with my own powers. It seemed stupid to me, but in a weird way, it made sense. I was a Flame, it seems to stand that I would be protected at all times by my dragon, and to use my magic to harm someone would be pointless.

                “Ash?” HIS voice echoed again, shattering my thoughts, I started rocking back and forth and mutter to myself about how he wasn’t here and it wasn’t real. I heard shuffling, felt arms wrap around me, and warmth spread though me as I saw flames light up around my body where his was touching mine. A sob worked its way out of my mouth. This was by far the most realistic creation Ailden had done, and it might be the one to tear me down. “Babe, Ash honey please what’s wrong? Talk to me!” His voice raised slightly, the concern clearly heard in his voice. I didn’t respond, only cried harder. This was worse than the physical torture I had been put through, this was mentally breaking me down.

                “Babe?” his voice echoed in my mind, along with Ailden’s words. “Ah yes; the Flame bond. The one thing you can’t replicate..” a gasp escaped my lips. That could only mean one thing. I slowly turned around in his embrace, tilting my head up to search the darkness, even though I could not see. A whisper escaped my mouth, and if he hadn’t been so close, he wouldn’t have heard me, for I could barely hear myself. I only spoke one word, one word before I passed out again.

                “Talon.” his name escaped my lips, and blackness quickly engulfed me soon after.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, not much, but hey, it was rushed(:
pretty much what came out of Ash's hand, with a little more orange to the side

Ailden's a major dick, yeah?
I Think so
Poor Ahlyn):
So when did she black out? What Happened to Caij and Violet? Are they okay? Or are they in serious danger?
DUN DUN DUN

haha i actually don't even know mysel, this story took a turn not even I anticipated 0.0